Can't install Amazon App Store

Reaction score
I am not sure if you eventually got it fixed based on the thread but I know that Amazon can only be used on something like 10 devices, everyone you flash a new ROM or start fresh and download the Amazon app store it registers as a new device. So for crack flashers like me, every now and then three Amazon app store won't install until I log into my Amazon account and remove old devices.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks for the tip. I am sure it would have tripped me up eventually. I do re-flash sometimes, although not enough to call myself a "crack flasher". (hmmm...crack flasher...creates some interesting images in the mind...some not so pretty I must admit! LOL!)

Anyway, for me right now, it will not allow installation of any app that is downloaded, only apps installed from the Market will install properly. So for instance, if I go to Razr Bootstrap v2.0, the apk is downloaded and stored successfully, but when I click on the apk to install, the install button will not accept a press, however the cancel button is responsive. Also, if I try to reinstall apps previously backed up to SD in apk form, again they won't allow the "install" button to respond so all I can do is hit cancel.

I had initially done a task manager kill all, and then when I went back it allowed those downloaded apps to install, and if I reversed the process, the apps stopped being able to install again, so I knew it was at least ONE app running that was causing it. It could also have been a combination of apps.

Today, I killed Screen Adjuster and then the apps were installing correctly. What's strange is that now that it is installing correctly, even if I reactivate Screen Adjuster it still allows downloaded apps to install, so I am thinking it may have to do with the app starting from boot rather than manually starting it.

I am rebooting now to test that thoery.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm I just ran into this..
I uninstalled Amazon and now I can't get it to reinstall.

So I found another side load app to install, same thing the install button is unresponsive.

Its not just apps within Amazon its any side loaded apps.

----posted maxx'ed out----

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Figure i would disable the 2x battery screen filter, wa la. Everything installs..

SallyC

Reaction score
Figure i would disable the 2x battery screen filter, wa la. Everything installs..

Interesting. I'm not having the problem and don't have that app installed, but it will be interesting to see if FoxKat has this on his phone.

So apparently 2X Battery Saver saves your battery by not letting you install apps - it IS the App Nazi!!!! ;)

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was something to do with the filter blocking the install button. As soon as I disabled the 2x everything i tried installed ..

It may not just be the 2x app, but possibly any type of screen filter.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just noticed an update in the market for 2x....
It fixed the screen filter app installation bug...

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Just noticed an update in the market for 2x....
It fixed the screen filter app installation bug...

Funny, I don't have that app installed, but I do have ANOTHER DIFFERENT screen app than the one I was using before, and it ALSO causes the same "side-loaded app" install problem. It seems that all these screen filter apps must use the same method to access and change the screen and it is obviously also related somehow to the install process, but only for apps installed from the SD card or downloaded directly. Apps installed from the market work fine.

I'll uninstall the other apps and try the new 2x app and see if it fixes it for me.

Thanks.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Hey, what is the actual file name for that app? I can't find it.

texas200

Reaction score
I had the same issue with screen adjuster, just turn it off and load third party apps then turn it back on. I emailed the dev and he just said it was a known issue.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx (with plenty of 4g battery power left)

ddfuji

Reaction score
You must download from amazon.. I forget the url, but a quick google search for amazon appstore for Android should do the job.

i know where to get it.i have it already. i was wondering if the OP was getting it from a credited place to make sure that the apk wasn't corrupt or partial.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
i know where to get it.i have it already. i was wondering if the OP was getting it from a credited place to make sure that the apk wasn't corrupt or partial.

No, the app was straight from Amazon.com. Besides it's not just apps downloaded from Amazon.com, it's any app downloaded in any way other than off the play store. It seems any screen type filter or app that messes with overlays causes this disruption. Also I saw mention in other threads that Juice Defender caused similar problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.