Can't Hear people on INCOMING CALLS

amandae

Reaction score
So, everytime I have an incoming call I cannot hear the person on the other line, but they can hear me. The weird part is, when I call them back (outgoing calls) everything works fine (we can hear eachother). Thus I know it isn't a speaker problem. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

Please Help!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
amandae said:
So, everytime I have an incoming call I cannot hear the person on the other line, but they can hear me. The weird part is, when I call them back (outgoing calls) everything works fine (we can hear eachother). Thus I know it isn't a speaker problem. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

Please Help!!!

I actually had an issue with this. I rebooted my phone and it cleared up.

I assume you've tried powering off the phone and powering it back on???

Does this happen all the time? For me it happened very rarely.

What kind of service area were you in...I know it seems like it shouldn't matter, but sometimes it does.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

Please Help!!!

I returned a brand new one the second I noticed this same thing... If yours is crackling, ie. Blown receiver speaker take it back...if not check your settings and or factory reset...still no go apply my first..

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----:)
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

OP
A

amandae

Reaction score
I have turned the phone on and off and have tried soft resets. I do not want to do a factory reset unless absolutely necessary because it is such a pain. I usually have 4 or 5 bars of reception so my service is okay. This happens for every incoming call and it started sunday morning, as far as I can tell. It is not my speaker because when i hang up and call the person back everything is fine. There is no crackling either, there is just no sound at all. Any other ideas?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
amandae said:
I have turned the phone on and off and have tried soft resets. I do not want to do a factory reset unless absolutely necessary because it is such a pain. I usually have 4 or 5 bars of reception so my service is okay. This happens for every incoming call and it started sunday morning, as far as I can tell. It is not my speaker because when i hang up and call the person back everything is fine. There is no crackling either, there is just no sound at all. Any other ideas?

Hmmmmmm, I wouldn't think this is an app issue. Try a factory reset.... that's about all I can think to do. If that doesn't help, you need to return the phone.

The thing is, a factory reset usually resolves software issues. That's why its so highly suggested.

Also.. a factory reset is alot easier now that the play store holds all of your apps, so you know which apps you had.

I would try it sooner than later though. 14 days goes by quick.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
A

amandae

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it. My phone randomly started working again last night. The only thing I played with was turning TTY off and that was the day before... so I honestly have no idea what happened or what fixed it. I hope no one else has to go through this. So frustrating. Hopefully its doesn't happen again. If it does I will do a foctory reset! Thanks again.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
amandae said:
Hey Guys!

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it. My phone randomly started working again last night. The only thing I played with was turning TTY off and that was the day before... so I honestly have no idea what happened or what fixed it. I hope no one else has to go through this. So frustrating. Hopefully its doesn't happen again. If it does I will do a foctory reset! Thanks again.

Glad your situation resolved itself. Hopefully it won't happen again.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

method2406

Reaction score

Please Help!!!

Crazy i recently just had this same issue for a couple days, where i could not hear incoming calls but outgoing worked fine. I tried everything including factory reset, I went to sprint and they were stumped they ordered me a new phone which was on backorder. My phone is now working fine and I am supposed to pick up a new phone tomorrow at Sprint. Did u ever find out more about this?