Can't get SMS, Email, etc. counts on icons after ICS OTA update

Andyw2100

Reaction score
I have been struggling with this for a while now. After updating my phone to ICS, I no longer get missed calls counts, unread SMS message counts, unread e-mail counts, etc. on my Motorola Droid 4.

I am using Widget Locker, ADW notifier, and TESLA Unread Plug In. I also tried SMS unread, which did not seem to function at all, and also Missed It!, which I also couldn't get to work because I think the help tutorial is not applicable to ICS.

I tried enabling ADW notifier in the accessibility screen, but that does not help.

All I am trying to do is get the little red number icons showing unread SMS, missed calls, etc. onto the icons on my lock screen and on my home screen. Right now I can't get them on either. I am willing to pay for a new app if that's what is required.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well the only app I have any experience with on the list is Tesla Unread. And every now and then I need to uninstall and reinstall it to get it to work again. Especially after flashing new ROMs etc.

Other then that I am not sure. Can not speak on whether or not it is a known issue with your device.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

OP
A

Andyw2100

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling Tesla Unread, and rebbooted the phone. I then sent myself a text message, and no luck. Still no notification bubbles on the icons.

Thanks for trying to help, though.