Cant get root back

Jeeperz66

Reaction score
My phone has been rooted for a moth or so and I seen this app called ginger indoor and just thought id give it a try and now I can't gain root on my phone again, any help would be appreciated. I have RAZR Max now not incredible thanks

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My phone has been rooted for a moth or so and I seen this app called ginger indoor and just thought id give it a try and now I can't gain root on my phone again, any help would be appreciated. I have RAZR Max now not incredible thanks

I am not familiar with the app Ginger indoor. What is it and where did you download it from? Recovering root can be easy or hard depending on what caused you to lose root.

I'd go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ot-your-motorola-droid-razr-windows-only.html and read up. If those steps don't work, I'd go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html and download and install the utility and follow directions there.

Good luck! :biggrin:

OP
J

Jeeperz66

Reaction score
Sorry for that was supposed to be ginger unroot, thks

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Sorry for that was supposed to be ginger unroot, thks

No problem. Give the links I sent a try and see if you can recover the root. You should also (once re-rooted) install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and "Protect root" before you do anything else.

Good luck! :biggrin:

Kimo91

Reaction score
Yeah exactly what foxkat said to do...I use Matt's Utility for everything for my Razr Maxx including rooting and installing voodoo rootkeep

Sent from my Sith powered and rooted DROID RAZR MAXX