cant get notification ringtones!!!

ray7171

Reaction score
:icon_evil: k i have installed three different ringtone apps and downloaded songs they all go into my regular phone ringtone list but none of them go into the notification ringtone list. How do I get my ringtones for my notifications as well as my regular ringtone.

OP
R

ray7171

Reaction score
hundreds of viewers in this section and no one knows how to do this????????????????

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
If you want a custom rington for a contact - go to your contact icon in your app drawer, open your contact, hard menu - edit, scroll down to other info tap on arrow, scroll down to ringtone..

To add a custom ringtone for all calls - phone homescreen - hard menu button - settings - sound & display - phone ringtone, notification ringtone, etc...

OP
R

ray7171

Reaction score
I dont want a ringtone for my contacts. I saved some ringtones and they are all in my ringtone list but not in my notification list. I want a way to get my ringtones into my notifications list as well so I can have my ringtones i downloaded as my text ringtones too.

dredpir8

Reaction score
I created a 'notifications' folder in media/audio and put my mp3 in there. Then rebooted but apparently you can also unmount and remount your SD card. I've only have the phone 4 days so I'm not an expert, yet.
Anyway, that worked for me. When I went into Settings/Sounds/Notification Ringtone (or whatever it's called, battery's dead so going from memory here), my file was there.

I also read where you can go directly into Text message settings and set the ringtone there. And go into gmail settings and do the same to get different ringtones for emails vs texts...

Hope this helps.