Can't get liberty rom off phone.

polenz

Reaction score
I installed the liberty rom. Didn't like it and deleted it. Why does the liberty logo pop up as a boot animation still? I would like everything gone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
I installed the liberty rom. Didn't like it and deleted it. Why does the liberty logo pop up as a boot animation still? I would like everything gone.

Once you are in you can't get out.

mcp770

Reaction score
Boot logo always stays after any rom that replaces it. Either install a rom that does, use a boot logo changer app, or sbf. Personally I use dx/d2 logo changer from the market. On a side note what didn't you like?

OP
P

polenz

Reaction score
Seemed my battery was getting smoked. I also couldn't sync my contacts. The backup assistant was gone. V

LTLFTCer

Reaction score
Seemed my battery was getting smoked. I also couldn't sync my contacts. The backup assistant was gone. V

I have no problem with contacts syncing and don't really care about backup since google sync does that, but I have noticed my battery draining a bit faster as well. I have went and changed all my app/widget refresh rates to longer, though I really shouldn't have too. Gonna try a couple more days and see what happens.

anrichardson

Reaction score

I have no problem with contacts syncing and don't really care about backup since google sync does that, but I have noticed my battery draining a bit faster as well. I have went and changed all my app/widget refresh rates to longer, though I really shouldn't have too. Gonna try a couple more days and see what happens.

Auto Memory Manager is a must have app that helps battery a lot.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Easiest way would be to reflash Liberty. Use the Toolbox to flash the Motorola boot logo and then go to whatever rom you'd like

mcp770

Reaction score

Backup asst is pointless bloat. You can easily add new contacts to google account now with the aosp dialer. Or simply export contacts to your sd and restore after flash. Or import contacts to google via PC. At least a half dozen ways to backup contacts making the assistant useless.

Secondly this rom is sporting some of the best battery life I have ever seen on a rom. Did you guys remove task killers etc? Good Battery Saving Tips

LTLFTCer

Reaction score

I'll take a look and see what that app does

Backup asst is pointless bloat. You can easily add new contacts to google account now with the aosp dialer. Or simply export contacts to your sd and restore after flash. Or import contacts to google via PC. At least a half dozen ways to backup contacts making the assistant useless.

Secondly this rom is sporting some of the best battery life I have ever seen on a rom. Did you guys remove task killers etc? Good Battery Saving Tips

Never used a Task Killer, pointless. Still, this ROM kills the battery. I was running stock rooted with Twitdroyd, Facebook, ESPN widget, etc all pulling and with moderate use and checking email manually hourly would be at 60% by noon, now with Liberty ROM, I have had to cut those widgets down to 1 or 2 hour intervals and still am at 60% within 1-2 hours of unplugging.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Auto memory manager shouldn't be necessary. Using it has the same mindset as using the auto kill feature of a task killer or hitting the kill all button.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

svan71

Reaction score
Found a solution...

I tried sbf to remove liberty 1.5. I got into a boot loop with the Liberty Logo.

I shut down the phone then held the home button and power at the same time. When you see the droid and the exclamation hit the search button.

Do a wipe/factory reset....it takes a minute or so then do wipe cache partition....when done pull the battery/replace.

Hold the camera button volume down and power to get into boot loader and do your 3.20 SBF. Root then download Koush/ clockwork / update too maderstock340....youll be at stock 3.40

nordy420

Reaction score

I'll take a look and see what that app does

Never used a Task Killer, pointless. Still, this ROM kills the battery. I was running stock rooted with Twitdroyd, Facebook, ESPN widget, etc all pulling and with moderate use and checking email manually hourly would be at 60% by noon, now with Liberty ROM, I have had to cut those widgets down to 1 or 2 hour intervals and still am at 60% within 1-2 hours of unplugging.
I have never used the Facebook app, but my wife does on her Eris. Her battery life is terrible, now my Dx, well I live on it, and my battery life is excellent on lib 1.5. I am always searching net for home customizing and always always reading the forums, and my battery easily lasts me all day. There must be another app killing yours. I know that the social network apps kill memory, especially on phones that do not have much to play with, but not sure on battery usage.

lockman

Reaction score
We've been having the same basic argument here for over a year now. A bunch of he said/she said over which ROM is better. The thing is, every phone is a little different, and reacts differently to modifications.
I had 5 D1's. No similarities other than the shape. One could run at 1.3, another wouldn't oc at all. That said, I ran Liberty on my X for a few days and the battery life was horrible. Running DarkSlide with Blur, and battery life is similar to stock. I know of other people with the opposite result. Why?- same reason as with my D1's. Every phone is different.

Anyway, sorry to rant. But I do know now why I still have Liberty's boot.