Can't get into Clockwork Rom Recovery Mode

DigitalEnforcer

Reaction score
So I've got an Original Droid and I'm trying to put a new ROM on my phone. I've been following instructions on this site:

Project Elite

However, when I try to get into the ClockworkMod Recovery Mode, it only goes to the normal recovery mode (the one where you hold the camera button down and press up on the volume). I don't understand why it's not working right now. I'm rooted, Used the SuperOneClick method. I've made a backup to my current ROM and backed it up with the Titanium Backup. But when I press the "Reboot into Recovery" button in the ROM Manager app, it just sends me to the normal recovery mode. So, I can't get a ROM on my phone at the moment.

Please help!! :)

Thanks

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Did you ever flash a new recovery??

In ROM manager make sure you flash clockwork recovery. Might need to do it a few times for it to stick though.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
D

DigitalEnforcer

Reaction score
Yea, I did that...

but you're saying I needed to do it a couple times? How do I know if it sticks? I thought it said that it flashed a good recovery.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If it takes less than a few seconds it worked. ROM manager has had trouble flashing recoveries since froyo came out. Just go back and forth between clockwork and alternate recovery a few times and it should be good.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
D

DigitalEnforcer

Reaction score
Thanks Man! I got it working. Finally flashed to the new Project Elite Ver 5 that just came out. It's freakin Tight!

MrDan

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. It seems to hang a little at the Flash Clockwork Recovery stage. When it finally loads, and I hit Reboot to Recovery, all I get is the Microsoft logo cycling twice and then the phone starts normally.

Am I missing a step when trying to access Recovery mode?

Gmoney73123

Reaction score
droid wont go into roboot into recovery

my phone won't go into recovery reboot; it gets stuck at the M like everyone else I have read. does anybody have the skeleton key to this problem. I have tried every way that was given in others forums and this one. if I have missed one please let me know. :)
phone stats: 2.2.1-baseband vc014301p- kernel 2.6.32.9g68eeef5-build frg83d.

Im not real code savvy but i know how to follow directions well. thanks in advance:icon_eek: