Can't get droid to vibrate on txt message!

Heavyhitter063

Reaction score
Alright so heres my problem I cannot get my motorola droid to vibrate for a txt message ever since the update. Im going to settings..sounds and i unchecked silent mode and the vibrate icon at the top disappears but i have the vibrate setting checked to always?? Could someone please tell me what im doing wrong! Thanks any help is much appreciated....:biggrin:

tonyteesdale

Reaction score
Go to messages, click menu, then look for notification setting. Vibrate should be in that area.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
H

Heavyhitter063

Reaction score
Go to messages, click menu, then look for notification setting. Vibrate should be in that area.

Since the update theres only a place for a Notification Ringtone, and i dont see anything about vibrate??

OP
H

Heavyhitter063

Reaction score
You running Froyo?

Umm..thats the 2.2 update right? I dont know for sure, my phone told me to update Sunday so thats what i did. Sorry im not to familiar with all the updates..

tonyteesdale

Reaction score
Yes, you're running Froyo. The option will be all the way at the bottom of the screen. You must access the messaging settings by hitting your menu key within your messaging app.

Then, flick alllllllll the way to the bottom of the screen, the last option is a Vibrate. It has a check box next to it. Click it.

If it truly is a software issue, you could always install Handcent SMS.

OP
H

Heavyhitter063

Reaction score
Yes, you're running Froyo. The option will be all the way at the bottom of the screen. You must access the messaging settings by hitting your menu key within your messaging app.

Then, flick alllllllll the way to the bottom of the screen, the last option is a Vibrate. It has a check box next to it. Click it.

If it truly is a software issue, you could always install Handcent SMS.

Thanks for all the help. After 4 days i finally got it figured out!

ivan98gst

Reaction score
Sorry to butt in, I can't figure out how to get my phone to vibrate when i get txt msgs. Only vibrates when I get calls. Its a droid x 2.1

tonyteesdale

Reaction score
Same method essentially. go into "text messaging" app, then press your menu hard key. Then look for messaging settings. Then go to the area that lists "text messaging settings". You should see it under there.