Can't find other email accounts

Odyssey42

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to X2 from a Droid. On the Droid, if I was in my main email account, I could press the menu key and one of the options was to change accounts (I have three gmail accounts for different purposes).

My email icon brings up my main gmail account (let's call it gmail1), but so such option as above. The only way I can find and open gmail2 and gmail3 is to wait until one of them has received a new message, then pull down the notification bar.

How can I set up the "change account" on the X2 like I had on the Droid?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to move this thread to the X2 section so others with the same device can assist. Sorry I'm not familiar with that device. Is it just ur gmail? Cause I thought when u open gmail, if u click on that gmail acct on the top right, it'll show another screen with multiple gmail accts. Hmmm maybe not?
Gonna move it ok

OP
O

Odyssey42

Reaction score
HP, You are thinking of a full browser based version of gmail (desktop, laptop, etc). The mobile version shows the name in the left side but the drop down arrow brings up the folders. Incidentally, I am not at all sure that this issue is confined only to X2's but this is certainly a good place to start.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to move this thread to the X2 section so others with the same device can assist. Sorry I'm not familiar with that device. Is it just ur gmail? Cause I thought when u open gmail, if u click on that gmail acct on the top right, it'll show another screen with multiple gmail accts. Hmmm maybe not?
Gonna move it ok

That is how mine works. Clicking on the email address displayed in the top right corner brings up a list of accounts.

OP
O

Odyssey42

Reaction score
Hello Nine, Are you using an X2, and if so, does the name of your gmail acct show in the upper right hand corner of your screen?

OP
O

Odyssey42

Reaction score
Unsure whether HP and Nine are speaking of computer browser versions of gmail or not, but my gmail on my X2 does not show the name of my gmail account at all. It just shows as "gmail" and it is in the upper left corner, not the upper right.

Can anyone clarify this, and more importantly, help me deal with the issue? Thanks.

Reaction score
We are not talking about the PC versions. Are YOU using the correct version? What you are describing is NOT what the gmail program for Android looks like. There is another email program that ships with X2 and it can be configured for gmail. It sounds like you are using that.

When you are in the program and hit the menu key then the more button then about what version of Gmail do you see?

OP
O

Odyssey42

Reaction score
That was it! I opened the list of applications and pressed on gmail. That brought up the same interface I was previously familiar with and my gmail address appears in the upper right corner.

However when I pressed the name of my gmail acct in the upper right corner and then tried to add the other accounts, it brought up what I assume is the other email system. I tried adding one of the other two gmail accounts, but it said that the accounts already exist (which is why I think it is the "other" email client.)

Is there a way to delete the "other" email client and thus avoid the conflict?

Thanks.

Reaction score
There is an app called "Accounts" it lists all the accounts you have created via Motoblur. You ought to be able to delete them there. To correct this you might have to delete everything and start over. Or od a factory reset and really start over. Email, contacts, and calendar information is stored on Google so you will not lose anything if you reset the phone or delete accounts. If you reset, skip the start up wizards and go directly to the apps you want to use and setup email in them.