Can't find backed up bookmarks for stock browser

deadernie

Reaction score
I just got a replacement D4. I backed up all my bookmarks for the stock browser however they do not appear in the bookmarks tab. Now the weird part. . . The saved bookmarks must be somewhere on my phone because if I manually go to one of my pages that are bookmarked I can not save it as a bookmark because it is greyed out.

Anybody know how to fix this.

mattjenn

Reaction score
Go into accounts and make sure browser is synced under your Google account also go into your browser to Google homepage and make sure you are signed in there too

OP
D

deadernie

Reaction score
Mattjenn,

Checked all that and it's good. I forgot to mention in the OP that I backed up everything using the My Backup Pro app. I've used it before without problem.

I know the bookmarks are somewhere on the phone. If I try to type out the address for a site I know is bookmarked it will show up in the auto fill the exact page on a particular site that I have bookmarked and the star appears next to it. But the bookmarks are not visible in the bookmarks folder.

One other thing I noticed is that it doesn't have any of the pre-installed bookmarks either (not that I used them, but just saying).