cant find a utility that works

avenged61973

Reaction score
avenged1973, sorry but the only person I sent a link to was tstout. Do you need a link to download 1.6 Utility also?

No I don't need a link I was looking for one for ts tout also. Sorry about the confusion.

OP
T

tstout

Reaction score
every time i try to unroot my phone it says waiting for device and doesnt do anything and i even tried just to see if i could even try rooting it again and it says all this:
Motorola universal root script ($version version)
by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
Tested on Droid 3, Droid Bionic, and Droid RAZR
Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that your
device is in charge only mode, and your phone is connected via USB.
Press any key to continue . . .
Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: protocol fault (status read)
Device found.
Deploying payload...
error: more than one device and emulator
Owning phone...

OP
T

tstout

Reaction score
yes they are. i even tried installing them again

avenged61973

Reaction score
Did you install the razr utility and extract the files directly to your C drive? Sometimes this works better if it's directly on the c drive. I'm not sure what menu number it is but are you choosing the one that restores your phone back to stock gingerbread? Also make sure your phone is in usb debugging mode.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
every time i try to unroot my phone it says waiting for device and doesnt do anything and i even tried just to see if i could even try rooting it again and it says all this:Motorola universal root script ($version version)by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)Tested on Droid 3, Droid Bionic, and Droid RAZRBefore continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that yourdevice is in charge only mode, and your phone is connected via USB.Press any key to continue . . .Waiting for device...* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 ** daemon started successfully *error: protocol fault (status read)Device found.Deploying payload...error: more than one device and emulatorerror: more than one device and emulatorOwning phone...error: more than one device and emulatorerror: more than one device and emulator
Make sure you have extracted the .zip file to it's own folder...it is a Windows "thing". The utility will usually not run from the .zip, extract it. Drivers could be a problem and I don't know if you need the drivers that were in place when 1.6 was released or whether the current drivers you can download from Moto will work with 1.6, they are different drivers. Someone smarter than me will have to answer that question. Any help out there?

OP
T

tstout

Reaction score
well i did what avenged61973 said to do by moving it to the C drive and it went through and said it was unrooted and so now im trying to update it and it just said software update failed so i have no idea whats going on or what to do

avenged61973

Reaction score
well i did what avenged61973 said to do by moving it to the C drive and it went through and said it was unrooted and so now im trying to update it and it just said software update failed so i have no idea whats going on or what to do

Did you restore your phone to stock gingerbread? You have to do this or you will not be able to update.

avenged61973

Reaction score

I don't know if you have done this yet or not but I think this is what you need to do.
Go to settings /developers options and check usb debugging mode.
1. Power off your phone.
2. Press both volume keys and the power button at the same time to boot into recovery.
3. Select ap fastboot mode.
4. Plug your phone into the computer and start the razr utility.
5. Select the option to restore phone to stock gingerbread I believe it is number 1 but I am not sure on that version.
6. Follow the on screen prompts, and let it run. It usually takes about 10 minutes. It will reboot your phone a few times, and then your phone will be back to stock.

Don't forget to have at least 50% charge before doing this!

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)

If you removed any bloatware or just any app in general that came with the phone it will not go through follow what avenged said and it should go through fine. Although I think pushing and holding both volume and power buttons at the same time takes your straight into ap fastboot not recovery. BUT it could be different on gb. I hardly remember anything on that lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2