cant find a fix to storage issues with S4

knighthonor

Reaction score
I been looking all over the internet for a non rooted way to fix the storage issues.

I have 27 GB of available space on external drive and
306 MB on internal.

I still have this storage space warning. And I can't download small apps.

I have tried moving all the apps that allowed me to SD card and deleting some apps that won't allow movement. Yet the warning won't go away and I still can not download apps even though I know there is space still there.

I am trying to download a 1.32 MB app yet keep getting storage error!

Nothing I on the internet seem to talk about this issue. Only storage related talk on the web been about that 8gb pretty installed.
But that's not my problem . my problem is I have no way of downloading apps because of a lack of space yet I actually do have space. I honestly Dont see the point of buying this external SD card when I still keep getting this error.

GVLBob

Reaction score
We need a few details here:

• Which phone do you have?
  • How large is its internal device storage?
  • How much of that space is taken up by music and picture files?
  • How much is taken up by application files?
You will need to move your music and picture files from your device storage to the SD card. That should solve your problems.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
We need a few details here:

[*]Which phone do you have?
[*]How large is its internal device storage?
[*]How much of that space is taken up by music and picture files?
[*]How much is taken up by application files?

You will need to move your music and picture files from your device storage to the SD card. That should solve your problems.
S4 by Verizon
Has 16 GB internal.
4.60 GB application
1.05 GB pictures
469 MB audio
8.09 mis.

I just moved pictures to SD card seem to fix the problem. But now it won't let me move anything else to the SD card. Keep saying "move failed".

25.36 GB available on SD card. I want to move everything possible to it so this storage issue never happens again.

GVLBob

Reaction score
4.6 GB for your apps seems like a lot. If much of that is games, you should be able to move the data for the games to the SD cards.

Now, I'm not a gamer, but my understanding is that some games will store their data files to the SD automatically during installation. If you have a large game or two, you might want to reinstall them if the original install was done prior to inserting the SD card.

Don't know why you were getting the errors when trying to move things to the SD cards. What were you trying to move, since you had already moved the pictures? And were you using your computer to move the files?

BTW, the Misc. Files on my Verizon S4 only take up 6.59 GB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
My S4 is showing 7.18 GB of apps. I don't feel like I install tons of apps, and I'm pretty good about cleaning out unused apps. Did an FDR about 2 months ago, so it's fairly "fresh". I found that the App Size includes data for the apps - so for example, Play Music is large because I have a bunch of cached songs. But I can't say I trust the numbers. For example, just looking at the "Storage" list, my "Downloads" shows 5.32 MB in use. Click it, and there's one file listed that's 269KB. Goofy. Maybe there's a good "clean out the clutter" mechanism?

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I ran into a similar issue a week ago & ended up having to do a hard reset because I nor VZW could find what was eating up the data. I deleted all of my games as I didn't play them much and anything else not used much.