Can't Edit Folder Name in ADW.Launcher

drcarl

Reaction score
I am using ADW.Launcher on my new Droid X and could ask this question a couple of ways:

1) Why can't I edit a folder name?

~or~

2) How can I make a folder for all my "News" shortcuts/icons and another for my "Weather" shortcuts and one for "Utilities"...and so on.?

I re-watched the sales video on YouTube [ADWLauncher EX [video=youtube;KD5WD-HDagM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD5WD-HDagM[/video] ] and at 1:50 they demonstrate a long press that takes one to the edit icon. On mine, there is no edit icon, only a remove trash can.

The video is showing the EX/paid version which does do a couple of things the free version does not (like a 3-D app drawer). This edit feature couldn't possibly be missing in the free version, could it? (I suppose anything is possible).

TIA

fatpomp

Reaction score
I have adw ex and I've never used the free version of adw before so I don't know if that feature is missing but the app Folder Organizer or Apps organizer will do what you want. I use Apps organizer and it works good.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

drcarl

Reaction score
thanks

thank you. looks like I will check that out as well as androexplorer and folderorganizer, (apps) too!

anthonyk002

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia 1616
Well, you can use LongPathTool as well, it works.