Cant down load music to my droid

JUNKYARDDOG

Reaction score
CAN ANY ONE HELP I HAVE TRIED TO DO THIS AS INSTRUCTED AND STILL NOTHING ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS ALOT :motdroidhoriz:

kpiskin

Reaction score
What computer OS are you using? I am using Win7 64bit and noticed that I had to toggle the developer setting then mount the drive to get my computer to consistently recognize it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
once you hooked it up to the computer via usb, the SD card will show up.

drag and drop

if you're having trouble, go to device manager and "add new device"

OP
J

JUNKYARDDOG

Reaction score
Still didnt work i even down loaded the motorola media thing still nothing

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
is your PC connected to the internet? when its connected to the internet, it automatically downloads the correct driver for the droid..

i tried mine on my friend's PC with no internet connection and it shows me the same thing... insert CD..

LMI500

Reaction score
I've been using doubletwist to pull music off mu iPod and putting it on my phone. Give it a try.

OP
J

JUNKYARDDOG

Reaction score
I have tryed just about every thing the motoral media wont work it is fustrating
thanks for all the help so far
keep the help coming

unkilbeeg

Reaction score
What LifeIsABeach said. Once you have plugged the phone in to the USB, there will appear a USB icon in the top status line on the phone. Swipe downwards to bring up the notifications. One of the notifications will say

"USB connected
Select to copy files to/from your computer."

Touch that notification with your finger, and a dialog will come up giving you the choice to "Mount" or "Don't mount." Choose "Mount."

This will make the phone media visible to the computer.

Once you are done, use your computer's commands to disconnect the drive. You should also use the *phone's* command to turn off USB storage. Do the same thing as before, swipe down to bring up the notifications and choose "Turn off storage."

LMI500

Reaction score
It may take a few tries, it took mine a couple times to work. I also got a new computer with windows 7 and I have had a few issues with connectivity. And also the 64bit OS has been a pain with some compatibilities too.

kpiskin

Reaction score
I contacted Motorola directly and they finally replied saying that Win7 wasn't supported on their current drivers but to expect a driver update soon.