Can't delete facebook in messaging folder

scott0i812

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got the droid x but I need some help. Due to the sync issues with contacts on fb I wanted to do a reinstall of the program. I deleted both the app and the account in my accounts, rebooted and low and behold the fb account was not in my accounts but it was still in my messaging folder. When I went to add accounts after i reinstalled the fb app there were 2 fb icons there, one had a green check and the other did not. I clicked on the one with a green check and it said the account already exists and when I click on the other one id did nothing.

I am running 2.2.

How can I wipe fb and start from scratch.....

Thanks All!!

eldredn

Reaction score
I had this problem and stumbled upon a solution. If you change your Facebook password (on the website) then go into the Messaging app on your phone and open the Facebook inbox you should receive a Facebook account error and a warning sign should appear on the refresh button. If you click the refresh button a dialog box "Unable to connect to Facebook" will pop up with options for "Settings" and "Retry". Click on Settings and you will have the option to "Remove account".