Can't connect

OP
D

Doctorstu

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto z force droid
I profess a bit on ignorance here... I've opened the File Manager app on the Moto and don't see anything that looks like an "overflo" anything. I have- "pictures" "audios" "videos" Zip files" "apps" and "documents". Under them i have "cloud" "internal storage" and "external storage". As to the Disk Management- the first fix worked, I opened it up and don't see anything related to my phone. Could there be a problem with the USB ports on my computer? I've tried all of them with no change.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The overflow option is the three line menu in the top corner of an app, also called the "hamburger" menu by some. Looks like this:
b31ff753abce418db3cf61770e71ef8e.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Make sure your phone and computer are connected to the same WiFi network. Then tap Remote Management.
97a15473cb5465f6d4f96c571ed86e0a.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Follow the on screen instructions for what to do on your phone and on your laptop. Eventually you will see the Connect option.
b9d51854a832db965cf7060f65ffecb9.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I profess a bit on ignorance here... I've opened the File Manager app on the Moto and don't see anything that looks like an "overflo" anything. I have- "pictures" "audios" "videos" Zip files" "apps" and "documents". Under them i have "cloud" "internal storage" and "external storage". As to the Disk Management- the first fix worked, I opened it up and don't see anything related to my phone. Could there be a problem with the USB ports on my computer? I've tried all of them with no change.
I doubt it's the computer ports, especially all at the same time. It's probably the cable. Ask the Verizon store where you tested their computer and cable if you can try your cables in their computer. If it still doesn't work then you know you don't have "data cables". If it does work then the problem is with your laptop. You have to start ruling out all the pieces and parts to narrow down to what is wrong, otherwise it's like spinning in a constant circle not knowing where to stop. You know it worked with a Verizon laptop and their cable. Start their and see what your equipment does in their computer. Or a friend's computer.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Also, what are you trying to move / copy to or from phone & computer. Have you tried opening the Google Drive app (free online cloud storage) and upload / download between your phone and computer using Drive.