Can't change notification tone on Incredible 2 - please assist

Reaction score
I have tried everything in the book.

I downloaded a tone on Zedge. Well, after a month, I got tired of it. So I decided to change it to a different tone. Even though I have a different tone selected as my notification tone, my default notification tone -- EVERYTHING I can possibly think to change -- it's STILL playing the first tone. I even downloaded a different tone on Zedge hoping it would take over. Nope.

I never thought I'd say this, but I am so tired of hearing Samantha's nose wiggle sound from Bewitched I am about to throw this phone out the window. And I'm also frustrated that I have changed EVERY POSSIBLE OPTION, restarted the phone, downloaded a new tone, and still the flippin' tone won't change.

I appreciate your help!

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I have tried everything in the book.

I downloaded a tone on Zedge. Well, after a month, I got tired of it. So I decided to change it to a different tone. Even though I have a different tone selected as my notification tone, my default notification tone -- EVERYTHING I can possibly think to change -- it's STILL playing the first tone. I even downloaded a different tone on Zedge hoping it would take over. Nope.

I never thought I'd say this, but I am so tired of hearing Samantha's nose wiggle sound from Bewitched I am about to throw this phone out the window. And I'm also frustrated that I have changed EVERY POSSIBLE OPTION, restarted the phone, downloaded a new tone, and still the flippin' tone won't change.

I appreciate your help!

Delete that tone off your phone, set a new tone, restart, and then try it.

Sent from my ADR6300

OP
C
Reaction score
I tried to delete it, but when I went to delete it ... the tone didn't show up. Would it be asking to much for maybe some step by step instructions? I may not be doing it right ...

Thank you in advance :)

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I tried to delete it, but when I went to delete it ... the tone didn't show up. Would it be asking to much for maybe some step by step instructions? I may not be doing it right ...

Hmm... I just downloaded it so I could find an easy way, but anyways.

Go to zedge > downloads, then click the circle x on the ringtone you want to get rid of, hit menu, then delete selected item. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try something else. :)

Sent from my ADR6300

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Or, you can mount your phone as a disk drive to your computer, go to your SD Card on the computer, there's a file called "Zedge", go into there. Click on whatever file it's in (Notification for yours), then left click on the computer, Delete, and then it should delete off your phone :icon_ banana:

OP
C
Reaction score

Go to zedge > downloads, then click the circle x on the ringtone you want to get rid of, hit menu, then delete selected item. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try something else. :)

Sent from my ADR6300

That solution worked! Ah! Thank you so very much.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score

Sent from my ADR6300

That solution worked! Ah! Thank you so very much.

Glad it worked! Have fun!

Sent from my ADR6300