Can't answer my Droid while it's locked

mweaver

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had my Motolola Droid for two weeks now. Coming from a Blackberry 8830 I'm really loving it... except for one annoying thing: I can't answer the blasted phone if it's locked unless I have my bluetooth in my ear. Otherwise, I miss the call and have to call the caller back. I tell ya I'm ready to poke out my eyes! The unlock bar will not move no matter what I do to it, or how I plead with it.

I was reading threads in this forum on the matter and found Tedd's Droid Tools, however while the "answer" button appears when a call is incoming the button does absolutely nothing. So, my question is this: how the hell does one answer their Droid when the screen is locked and the bluetooth is not in one's ear?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Practice... lol No, seriously, it does get stuck sometimes but it shouldnt be that hard to slide and hopefully 2.2 will fix this, until then just try and be patient I guess.. :)

rjax

Reaction score
Did you try the answer with camera button option in Tedd's Droid Tools?

OP
M

mweaver

Reaction score
Ok... fair enough, but in regards to the practice, is there a trick that I'm missing to get the slider to move?

Second, when is 2.2 due out?

bikedogrun

Reaction score
The unlock bar will not move no matter what I do to it, or how I plead with it.

I was reading threads in this forum on the matter and found Tedd's Droid Tools, however while the "answer" button appears when a call is incoming the button does absolutely nothing.
Rather than Tedd's Tools, use myLock phone tools which makes the side camera button function as if it was the "Green" Answer Key. Works flawlessly and solved my very similar problem!

/BD dancedroid

OP
M

mweaver

Reaction score

haven't tried that yet, because I disabled that option. My thinking was if I were to use the camera button that would mean I'd have to slide the screen up and hit the camera button which seems, well, as though it would/should be an unnecessary added motion. (programmers and network admins are lazy by nature)

OP
M

mweaver

Reaction score
The unlock bar will not move no matter what I do to it, or how I plead with it.

I was reading threads in this forum on the matter and found Tedd's Droid Tools, however while the "answer" button appears when a call is incoming the button does absolutely nothing.
Rather than Tedd's Tools, use myLock phone tools which makes the side camera button function as if it was the "Green" Answer Key. Works flawlessly and solved my very similar problem!

/BD dancedroid

well bugger... I forgot about the side camera button. forgivable since I've only had the phone for two weeks.

rjax

Reaction score
I'm not sure how it works with Tedd's Droid Tools -- I use a very similar app -- myLock Phone Tools (make sure you get the right version if you want to try it) -- and all I have to is hit the camera button, nothing else.

So I'd give it a quick try with Tedd's then switch to myLock Phone Tools if Tedd's isn't working too well.

bikedogrun

Reaction score

haven't tried that yet, because I disabled that option. My thinking was if I were to use the camera button that would mean I'd have to slide the screen up and hit the camera button which seems, well, as though it would/should be an unnecessary added motion. (programmers and network admins are lazy by nature)
Slide the screen up?

Just press the copper-colored side camera button...dancedroid

/BD :reddroid:

OP
M

mweaver

Reaction score
Ah heavens... success! the side camera button works beautifully.

Thanks all...