Can't add a line to plan

mikesmith0890

Reaction score
I have the old Nationwide plan with 1400 shared minutes. I was hoping to add a line to add a dumb phone. When I attempt this on the verizon website it tries forcing me into the share everything plan. Do I have any options? Is this something that needs to be done inside a verizon store?

EDIT: Went to verizon store and had success. (Corporate store could do it, authorized retailer, Cellular Connection could not)

Last edited:

DroidMaxximus

Reaction score
I have the old Nationwide plan with 1400 shared minutes. I was hoping to add a line to add a dumb phone. When I attempt this on the verizon website it tries forcing me into the share everything plan. Do I have any options? Is this something that needs to be done inside a verizon store?

EDIT: Went to verizon store and had success. (Corporate store could do it, authorized retailer, Cellular Connection could not)

You do not need to get the "Share Everything" plan necessarily. I personally have this plan, and it is extremely overpriced. ($160 for two phones; one of which is not a smart phone). It's outlandishly expensive and only includes 2 GB of data, unlimited text and calling (which everyone pretty much expects these days). There's literally no other perks at all.

However, Verizon just announced some new plan where you can put 4 lines on your account with 10 GB of data, unlimited text and calling for the same exact price of $160. So, if you have family members or people whom you trust a lot to join in on the plan with you, you can seriously save some massive bucks.

I hope this helped a little, at least. Verizon can be seriously frustrating with their lack of plan options.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You do not need to get the "Share Everything" plan necessarily. I personally have this plan, and it is extremely overpriced. ($160 for two phones; one of which is not a smart phone). It's outlandishly expensive and only includes 2 GB of data, unlimited text and calling (which everyone pretty much expects these days). There's literally no other perks at all.

However, Verizon just announced some new plan where you can put 4 lines on your account with 10 GB of data, unlimited text and calling for the same exact price of $160. So, if you have family members or people whom you trust a lot to join in on the plan with you, you can seriously save some massive bucks.

I hope this helped a little, at least. Verizon can be seriously frustrating with their lack of plan options.

The plan you are referring to is just like what AT&T did first...bring your own device, or see if you qualify for Edge and make monthly payments on each device. If you sign a contract, you will be paying A LOT more

Sent from my Droid Maxx