Can't access Photo's Saved on SD card

jobake01

Reaction score
I took some photos and had it set to save to my SD card. When I went to look at them, nothing showed up. I tried to move them onto my phone, but that didn't work either. So I plugged my phone into my computer and pulled the files off. I still can't open them, but would like to recover them as they were photos taken of my son on the day he was born.

Has anyone ran into this problem? I have a Galaxy S4.

Thanks,

Joel

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Was it 64GB SD card? If so, there has been a known problem with 64GB cards and the S4. Once the card goes the contents are usually toast. Use DropBox to automatically upload photos to the cloud.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was it 64GB SD card? If so, there has been a known problem with 64GB cards and the S4. Once the card goes the contents are usually toast. Use DropBox to automatically upload photos to the cloud.
Box or Copy give more free storage and Copy had the ability to auto upload,a very nice feature, when on Wi-Fi (or data network if you're in a hurry and away from Wi-Fi.
Problems with cards, desktops, phones , etc, etc are why I now use cloud storage for photos.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

tulupsar

Reaction score
Its 4.4.2 or 4.4.4 ? On many devices, with the 4.4.4 OS update, the extSD card is locked from 3rd party apps. On devices affected by this, you can only "unlock" the extSD card on rooted devices.