cannot reroot

johnny9374

Reaction score
ok so i installed the gb leak heard it now has root so i ran the sbf
now no matter what i try i cannot reroot one click root tells me im rooted but im not
z4 root just hangs and hangs ive tried everything that ive read on here ive googled everything i can relating to rooting i think everything ive tried wont work some help before i go nuts

louy99

Reaction score
Im pretty sure none of those work with GB

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score
I know that's why I ran the sbf sorry thought I said that

louy99

Reaction score
Sometimes z4 gets stuck. Did you do a battery pull and try it again? If that doesn't work, sbf again and try again

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score
Tried the battery pull thing I'll sbf and try it again when I get home in the morning if that doesn't work im selling this and buying an iphone

turdbogls

Reaction score
Tried the battery pull thing I'll sbf and try it again when I get home in the morning if that doesn't work im selling this and buying an iphone

wow seriously....you get peeved because you try to mod your phone and it doesn't go as planned so you sell it. i guess we are better off without people like you.

did you wipe data/factory reset after you SBF'd? did you do a full SBF and not just a system SBF?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score
Dude this isn't the first time I've done this but this is the first time I've encountered all this headache I'm 99% sure its the full sbf and yes I did a factory reset

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Let's play nice.......

OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score
ok so the sbf file i used the first time i used again and it didnt do anything the second one i used gave me an error now im trying another if this doesnt work this things going on ebay might as well jump ship considering how friendly the people in this forum are

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
ok so the sbf file i used the first time i used again and it didnt do anything the second one i used gave me an error now im trying another if this doesnt work this things going on ebay might as well jump ship considering how friendly the people in this forum are

People here are very friendly and helpful....Hard to get bees with vinegar...

Reaction score
this build of gingerbread can't be rooted manually (or, more precisely, how they did it has not been made public). the only way to get root is to flash the dxgbrooted.zip

OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score
sorry just venting like i said ive tried everything if this doesnt work im selling this thing

OP
J

johnny9374

Reaction score
this build of gingerbread can't be rooted manually (or, more precisely, how they did it has not been made public). the only way to get root is to flash the dxgbrooted.zip

im not on the leaked gb anymore i used the sbf so that i could use the rooted gb if im not mistaken thats what p3 had said to do i ran the sbf now my problem is i cant get it to root again ive tried everything does that make sense? lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
ok, just so i am clear it went like this:

you were running froyo

you flashed the non-rooted gb

you used the 2.3.340 sbf to flash back to froyo and now you can't get root on froyo?

or did you flash the non-rooted gb again and are trying to root that?

just want to make sure i know what's up so i can give you a hand

Tim-H

Reaction score
Like someone else said sometimes z4 hangs. Just back out and try it again.