Can you tell me if this is normal battery drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfranker

Reaction score
Hello! I got my Droid Turbo about 10 days ago. The battery doesn't seem to last as long as what it should but maybe it is just because I'm coming from a Razr Maxx. Anyway, I'm wondering if some of you guys might be able to give me your opinion if you think the battery drain is at least close to normal based on the following...

Battery at 46% (started 99%) and phone has been on battery 15h30m

41% screen (time on 3h19m) with setting on "auto" and was never at full bright ("sun" half lit).
18% cell standby (0% without signal)
7% voice calls (22m 45s)
7% Android system (CPU 58m keep awake 5m)
6% Google search (10m 45s keep awake 3h0m. Odd... I don't recall using Google search?)
5% Android OS (CPU 39m)
4% Phone idle (12h 11m)
4% Facebook (CPU total 31m CPU foreground 16m)
4% Google Play services (CPU 12m Keep awake 47m GPS 4m)
2% Swype+Dragon Trial (CPU 10m... installed while on battery)

Can any of you experts comment if this looks about normal or if you think there may be an issue with the battery? I read here where there has been battery issues and they took the phone back and got new phone and all was well. If this is just the way it is then that's cool but I'd like to know before I reach my 14 day mark. Thanks much!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Was this on wifi, network or a mix of both. If it was network that isn't bad at all. I would typically get 3-4 SOT hours after around 10 hours off charge and be around 40%. But my screen used more than 50%.

Check out this thread for others results.
The official Droid Turbo battery life thread.

OP
B

bfranker

Reaction score
Was this on wifi, network or a mix of both. If it was network that isn't bad at all. I would typically get 3-4 SOT hours after around 10 hours off charge and be around 40%. But my screen used more than 50%.

Check out this thread for others results.
The official Droid Turbo battery life thread.

I have DroidMacro and almost this entire time I was at work or in my car where I turn off WiFi for both so WiFi was only on for maybe a few minutes.

I will take a look through that thread. Thank you!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thread closed to minimize confusion for other users.

Please refer to the thread in the second post for Droid Turbo battery life issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.