Can you hear me now? NOT

spoyld

Reaction score
I need serious help here. It began about 2 weeks ago, so just before the Motorola Droid automatic update. I am on a call and then they can no longer hear me. The phone does a mini vibrate (as if I pushed the mute button), but I haven't/didn't. The call then appears active on the status bar, but my phone automatically locks and when I unlock it it shows the home page.

Now, sometimes I can get the status bar call to reopen, however, the MUTE is not lit, I can still hear them, but they cannot hear me at all.

I went to my store to inquire/complain and they said that I need a replacement, however, they are out of them Nationally and they don't know how soon they'll get new ones in to trade mine out.

Has this happened to you? Do you know why? Is it fixable?

Suzanne

G

gatewayad

that is very annoying and has happened to me on occasion. For me the problem was moving the phone away from my face for just a second enough for the screen to come back on and then my face would touch the mute or a number. When you feel that little vibration move the phone away from your face and hit the back button once then continue on the call

OP
S

spoyld

Reaction score
I've tried that, but it won't let me press the back button as it doesn't realize the call is still active, even though it is in the status bar and still connected.

dkscudder

Reaction score
I need serious help here. It began about 2 weeks ago, so just before the Motorola Droid automatic update. I am on a call and then they can no longer hear me. The phone does a mini vibrate (as if I pushed the mute button), but I haven't/didn't. The call then appears active on the status bar, but my phone automatically locks and when I unlock it it shows the home page.

Now, sometimes I can get the status bar call to reopen, however, the MUTE is not lit, I can still hear them, but they cannot hear me at all.

I went to my store to inquire/complain and they said that I need a replacement, however, they are out of them Nationally and they don't know how soon they'll get new ones in to trade mine out.

Has this happened to you? Do you know why? Is it fixable?

Suzanne

If the mute button is not pushed and the other caller cannot hear you, it does sound like there is some kind of hardware problem. You might want to do a factory reset just to be sure.

If Verizon agrees and says that you need new hardware, you should insist that they get you new hardware. Be kind, but be firm. If they don't have a D1 available, they should provide you with something comparable or better - probably a D2 or an Incredible. Make it clear that you aren't trying to get a free upgrade, but you need a comparable phone that doesn't have this issue. Assuming your phone is still under warranty, they are obligated to cover it. If the employees aren't being reasonable, ask for a manager. If you get stonewalled, try another store or try calling the tech support line.

Those are my two cents . . . Good luck.

OP
S

spoyld

Reaction score
Thanks dkscudder. They said that the Droid, Droid 2, and HTC Incredible are all Nationally on backorder and will call me when one of the above comes in. However, in the meantime, I am with a phone I cannot have a conversation on. A soft reset and a full reset was done at the store to no avail. That's why I was wondering if I was the only one or if others were experiencing it as well.

dkscudder

Reaction score
Thanks dkscudder. They said that the Droid, Droid 2, and HTC Incredible are all Nationally on backorder and will call me when one of the above comes in. However, in the meantime, I am with a phone I cannot have a conversation on. A soft reset and a full reset was done at the store to no avail. That's why I was wondering if I was the only one or if others were experiencing it as well.

Ah. Well, that makes sense. I was supprised that they sent you away empty handed. Hopefully someone will see this and have some ideas, but if the issue is purely hardware in nature - probably not.

This isn't the best option in the world, but you might want to see if they could let you use a refurbished flip phone while you wait for a replacement to be available. At least you could answer your calls.

I'm sorry I don't have anything better. At least I'm bumping your thread :)

OP
S

spoyld

Reaction score
That is true. They could've given me a 'regular' phone I suppose, but they know how I feel about refurbed stuff, so they are trying to satisfy me without having to disappoint me first (I think).

Again, thanks so much!