Can you go with out having a search button

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I always delete the Google Search Bar widget to save screen space and battery. That being said, I only occasionally use the search button.

I like the new LG, but wonder why no ICS, it has the specs for it?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I used voice search a fair amount to activate navigation, but sometimes just for normal searches as well. With the voice activated features, I don't know why more people don't use it. So I would long-press the search button to bring-up voice search. And it IS one of my complaints on the Nexus (have not found an app that works well for voice search - have Genie but haven't played enough to say).

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I used voice search a fair amount to activate navigation, but sometimes just for normal searches as well. With the voice activated features, I don't know why more people don't use it. So I would long-press the search button to bring-up voice search. And it IS one of my complaints on the Nexus (have not found an app that works well for voice search - have Genie but haven't played enough to say).

Wow, I did not know you could voice search with long press, Thanks! I may actually start using it more now loldancedroid

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I do miss that on the nexus, the voice search.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

I dont miss it.....oh wait I still have it. But I've never used it :p

"Stay classy Interwebz"

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm confused...Is voice search not on the persistent search bar? I use it every now and then and it's just a simple tap on the icon in the search bar. I guess if you delete the bar then you're SOL, but I kind of like the persistent search bar widget.

Crazycatlady

Reaction score

Can't u just long press on the search button on the Google search bar to activate voice search?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

Art Vandelay

Reaction score

if you are rooted there are plenty of soft key mods available that have the search button in the bottom and if you long press it you get voice search.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hope my next phone keeps the Maggie glass....
I use it ALOT....

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

kparks

Reaction score
I hope my next phone keeps the Maggie glass....
I use it ALOT....

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

Ummm maggie glass???? lmao!!!! Whats that

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Crazycatlady

Reaction score
Ummm maggie glass???? lmao!!!! Whats that

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Magnifying glass (the symbol on the search button) would be my guess. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I actually missed the search button on my GNex, not because I use it for search but because I like the "long press feature" where you can do something from it...I now have the search button back thanks to the AKOP ROM...:icon_ lala:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Whatchu talkin bout Willis. Axiom its optional...sure it will be on cm9 too. Even stock...that's what the persistent Google search bar is for

Screenshot_2012-01-08-08-40-03.png

Last edited: