Can you go from a deleted message back to the message list?

PaulQ

Reaction score
When I delete an email message, it takes me to the next message on my list. Can you set it to go back to the inbox instead?

Thanks!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's in the settings. Depending on the client you're using (stock or K9 ect.) it will be labeled slightly differently but they all have the setting somewhere. Which client (and which OS version) are you using?

And wtf?? according to your sig you're going backwards, lol?? Though if you are in need of good email (particularly for exchange servers) the Pro is probably your best bet. Androids default 'corporate' email client is a joke (though the Pro is supposed to have a better client). If you do need exchange support I HIGHLY recommend TouchDown. Best I've found so far and I've tried most of them (though someone needs to get on it and make 1 client that will handle both IMAP and exchange accounts.... can't believe noone has yet...).

Last edited:
OP
P

PaulQ

Reaction score
I am using OS 2.2 and the stock email. I swear I have looked but I can't find it anywhere.

I've heard K9 doesn't support push on Exchange or I would switch.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am using OS 2.2 and the stock email. I swear I have looked but I can't find it anywhere.

I've heard K9 doesn't support push on Exchange or I would switch.

K9 sucks in general (least for my uses). And it doesn't meet the security settings for my exchange server. Try TouchDown (free 30-day trial, full feature set during trial). It fully supports push and everything (calendar, to-do list everything). Also has really nice tie-ins with Pure-Calendar widget and makes for a REALLY nice (i.e. user-friendly) experience all around.

As for the deleted email/home from your inbox:
Menu>More>Settings>"Auto-advance" and select "conversation list" that should fix it.

OP
P

PaulQ

Reaction score
I tried TouchDown when I was struggling with my Pro and X problems but I never really got to do much with it. I will try it again now.

THANKS!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sadly if the Pro didn't meet your needs you might be a little SOL. From what I've read the Pro is the best Android yet for email ect (i.e. office/work phone). TouchDown does fill some of the gaps but it's still a far cry from what should be available in a real 'Smartphone' (not to mention from $$$ phones...). Google really needs to stop relying on 3rd party vendors for certain 'core' features/functions if they ever really want to be adopted by business or 'power' users that actually need their phones for work (not to mention if they ever want a decent chance at corporate IT departments 'allowing' Droids on their networks. I'm lucky in that most of the IT people 'in power' at my job are idiots and don't know any better (though their 'underlings' have started to fill them in, especially now that ~30% of their mobile exchange clients/traffic are Android users.... they've already hinted at restricting access to a few secure(d) device (all BlackBerries)... bastards:icon_evil::icon_evil:).

OP
P

PaulQ

Reaction score
The Pro and the X contain a bug in the motoblur software (or that's what is considered the most likely cause). The bug causes Exchange email collection to fail after as little as 15 minutes from installing it. Some people report going up to a couple days before they experience the failure.

It is a pitiful flaw in what is otherwise a very good phone. There are (literally) hundreds of posts on the Motorola forum and some on here all reporting the same problem.

It was extremely frustrating for me as I got my own IT department, Verizon AND Motorola involved in trying to fix the problem. Motorola stills denies the problem on the record but it is obviously there.

I loved the Pro... even more the X... but I *need* Exchange functionality. Verizon was incredibly understanding letting me exchange my phone a 3rd time! Now that I have a non-Motorola phone, everything works fine.

I had tried Touchdown because people were reporting longer term success with it on the Pro. Didn't work for me.

(there are some people who have successfully connected their X to Exhchange)

So... that's what happened. :)