Can you change the Default Music player?

jimmyg

Reaction score
I finally got sick of the default Music player and have found one that i really like (Lithium Music Player). The headphones that I have are the white iPod ones... i know i know :icon_ devil: however, they have a button that automatically starts the music. When i hit the button it starts the default music player and not the Lithium Music Player, is there a way to change this?

I looked under manage apps but didn't see anything i can change

Any help is appreciated!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check the app section or hacking sections. I'm sure I've read threads that allow you to swap players.

OP
J

jimmyg

Reaction score
i've looked everywhere seems the only way i can find is by removing the default music app which requires me to be rooted. I was rooted once but it's to much of a pain every time we get a update.

If anyone knows a different way PM me or post here i guess :unsure:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this but you can try going into your file viewer and finding a song then click on it and it will show the pick a default popup. Click make default and then your music player of choice.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

greyparrot

Reaction score
You can change the default but I found it to be very difficult. I had the same problem you are having and after trying several things too no avail I went to the non default player (mixzing) and selected a playlist. The window that asked what player I wanted to use popped up. I checked the use as default box and chose my player, mixzing is now the default. There might be an easy answer to the problem but I don't know it.

OP
J

jimmyg

Reaction score
I tried going thru the astro and selecting a song however it just opened in the reg music player every time no matter what i did.

Also i know "Music Mod" had the same thing as far as asking to make it the default player so i re-downloaded it hoping maybe the lithium player would be listed there, but no such luck... figures i really liked the new one :angry:

Thanks for the ideas guys!