Can the home screen be removed?

surge

Reaction score
I just got an HTC one. I am getting used to it with the exception of the home screen. Is there a way to delete it? I'm talking about the Blinkfeed.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If you switch to the mode for adding widgets etc., you can long press on a thumbnail for any of your homescreen panels, and make it the primary screen (i.e., the one that it returns to when you press the home button). You can't turn Blinkfeed off, but you can kill all the updates to it, add a few more screens, and then pick one in the center as your new primary, which will leave the Blinkfeed screen off on the far left, pretty much ignored. :)

-Matt

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Or maybe don't start BlinkFeed from the start. At least it won't update. I know it's still there though.

OP
surge

surge

Reaction score
That will work.

OK, that will work, thanks. But, it would be nice to be rid of it. The content is not what I want to follow. Blinkfeed would be fine if you could choose the content you would like.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
OK, that will work, thanks. But, it would be nice to be rid of it. The content is not what I want to follow. Blinkfeed would be fine if you could choose the content you would like.

You can to a certain extent. They have a short list.