Can someone try this with their car charger

Reaction score
I bought the car charger from verizon and when I plug it tinto the car and phone it never says it is charging not does it show light a lightning bolt over the battery which usually indicates it is not running off the battery.

Might my charger be defective or is this normal?

vanwas

Reaction score
I'm using my old BB charger. It shows the lightning bolt and scrolling in the battery icon as well as the little white light by the micro-USB plug.

It sounds like it might be your charger. Are you positive your lighter is providing power? The reason I ask is I have an iPod charger that I have to twist a certain way to get power out of the lighter...

You could also check under settings -> about phone -> status and it will show you if the battery is discharging, or if it's "charging ac" which is what it should show in a car.

OP
W
Reaction score
When I check the settings it say full when I plug it in and discharging when I unplug it.

I see the lightning bolt when I use the wall charger at home.

Strange.

vanwas

Reaction score
If it were me, I'd bring the charger back and get a different one.

Frustrating... but at least it sounds like a charger issue and not a device issue :)

Droid!

pilot25

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I think some chargers aren't compatible. Sounds dumb but I bought a motorola charger and it works fine. My other one doesn't.

JamesGA

Reaction score
My Verizon charger would not even stay plugged in - it just never would snap into place. I just got a generic one from a Sprint kiosk & it's worked flawlessly so far.

OP
W
Reaction score
Did they give you a hard time returning the charger, I just order the motorola charger.

mrredskin

Reaction score
buy several usb micro B cords and a couple of the usb car converter/chargers from monoprice. you can get about 4 cords and 2 chargers for less than $20 shipped.

elbono75

Reaction score
I am using the generic car charger from verizon works fine , but when its in car mount since the car charger is way old, it comes a lil loose... But if I plug in the ac/dc adapter then then wall charger no issues... and No issues w the charge when its not in the car mount...

I am also using the LG chargers that has the same connection , works perfectly fine..

I would say you got a bad one...

bal81

Reaction score
I got a dual usb car charger from walmart for $13 made by griffin, works great

krshields659

Reaction score
My charger I bought from a Verizon store lights up when I plug it in, but as soon as I plug it into the phone, the charge light goes out and doesn't charge. What's up with that?:angry::angry: