Can other Droids mimic Moto action gesture shortcuts?

King Bengals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force -32G.
I've had a Moto Z ver.1 for over 2 years. I've been thinking of upgrading to the Note S9 or the Pixel 3. I looked at both in a verizon store. I goofed around with them but noticed one major issue. Neither launched the flashlight or camera with hand motions like my Moto Z. I ask the sales guy & he said the "Chop-Chop" motion to launch the flashlight & the " Twist-Twist" to launch the camera were only on Moto phones. Is that true? Is there not an app or tweak that can make other android phones do the same thing? I use the chop motion for the flashlight 2nd only to texting everyday. I love how I can do the flashlight & camera 1 handed. Its a great feature on such a big phone. I can't imagine having to wake up my phone then open or drag some app to turn the flashlight or camera on. I think most phones have a quick camera trigger like hitting the volume & home button at the same time. Does anyone know if you can get the action gestures to work on other android phones?
Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There might be apps that do those things on any phone, but yes....he was correct. Those are specific features of the Moto app and not part of normal Android OS.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I had a Moto Z as well and I miss the flashlight chop to but there is an app out there that does it but not as consistently. But it works. I tried it for a short time but now I set my clock widget to turn on my flashlight. I just tap it. I use KWGT for my clock widget.