Can my droid Read a webpage to me?

Conbadicus

Reaction score
Hi, is it possible to have the droid read info on a webpage and give me text to speech ? I know it does text to speech but I dont know if it can do this.
Any apps?
thanks

lyam

Reaction score
Tasker may be able to do this. It can be done on a small scale at the very least by reading the contents of a variable. I've done this to an extent by dropping specific data elements from an xml feed into variables and having them read out loud.

TJ110158

Reaction score
On my desktop computer I use Text Aloud with AT&T's Naturally Speaking Voices, which reads out web pages and/or any text that I highlight. I thought that was such a cool feature to have especially since the screen is so small. I've been searching for about two years now for a program that would allow this capability on my phone, but today I have NOT found such a application. However, I have found a really nice workaround, which involves two different programs.

The first and most important being the VOICE.
I'm using the Droid X, which has a wonderful built-in TTS program, but the voice sounds to robotic to me and sometimes a little hard to understand. So for this I found in the android market a voice called: LOQUENDO TTS SUSAN. I find this voice to be amazing but NOT CHEAP ($6.00), even better than the one on my desktop. I say this because it comes with additional features not found in my desktop software, like if I type this :) and have the software read it, the program will give a very realistic laugh. If I type this :) the program will return a realistic crying sound. If I type this xxx, the program will blow kisses. etc.

Now, the way I use this is with COPY AND PASTE, which is built-in to the web browser and gmail.
Once I copy the text to be read I paste it into a program called: LANGLEARNER SPEAKER, which is FREE in the market. Once the text is pasted into this program there is a "SPEAK" button at the bottom which reads the text aloud.

I realize at first glance this sounds like a lot work, but its really not with a little practice and I find myself using this a lot in my daily use of the phone and its also good practice in Multi Tasking Programs.

Also for additional voice, Google provides a program call: SVOX CLASSIC TTS.
For a great translation program that works with all these voices, I use: TALK TO ME.

Because of the small foot print and the amazing sound, I am REALLY enjoying my phone these days.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

koan

Reaction score
New app, Web Page Reader in the app store

Check it out, works great!