Can i change my google account without deleting everything on phone?

TylerB

Reaction score
I added my new google acct but it wont let me delete the old one without doing a factory reset. I dont want to delete everything but need to change the acct.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Concistency

Reaction score
What are you changing accounts for? You can add google accounts and sync the everything when you add a account. You can turn off backup and syncing for the other account, or any google account you add.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
All the phones on my account have the same primary Gmail but only for market access.
They all have a second account that is used for sync.

If you want to delete the primary Gmail account, you must factory reset the phone.
There is no other way that I am aware of.

Blackhawk13

Reaction score
I had same problem. Only way is factor reset. I was pissed too. Sorry

Reaction score
What are you changing accounts for? You can add google accounts and sync the everything when you add a account. You can turn off backup and syncing for the other account, or any google account you add.

It is exactly as they said. It is pretty much the only way. You used the google account you already have on it to Download things and in order to keep the applications you need to keep the primary google account.

T1125P

Reaction score
Hi all new here just got my RAZR one week ago. I too want to delete my primary gmail account, just one question will it delete all my phone contacts to? Or only my gmail contacts? I do not want to use the gmail app, and do not want to set up the primary account once I hard reset the phone. I have the hack to root to the phone so I can remove all that crap it comes with which I don't use. NFL, Amazon, etc etc.

Thanks