Can droid bionic support GSM/wcdma

kratt

Reaction score
Could mean a number of things. The picture could be a fake. The bionic has the mdm6600 baseband chip which supports gsm and cdma (same chip in the verizon iphone and the global Moto Droid Pro). I am not sure if the bionic has the other hardware necessary to support gsm. Someone may have hacked it run on gsm.

kratt

Reaction score
Could mean a number of things. The picture could be a fake. The bionic has the mdm6600 baseband chip which supports gsm and cdma (same chip in the verizon iphone and the global Moto Droid Pro). I am not sure if the bionic has the other hardware necessary to support gsm. Someone may have hacked it run on gsm.

Also if you read the fcc documents for the bionic the cover letter states the following:
WCDMA/GSM network functions have been disabled by the firmware and are SIM locked by all US operators on this product.

FCC bionic site: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...'IHDT56MX1'

Then select cover letter. You can also view the manual and external photos to confirm this is the bionic.

revelated

Reaction score
I'm going to say no. An app called "Phone Info" allows you to access all of the modes (FYI, you very well can screw up your data connectivity with this app. Proceed at your own risk), and WCDMA/GSM is one of them. Unfortunately it won't do much of anything except kill data on the phone.