Can App update notification be mistaken?

Sporty

Reaction score
Each day I get a notification for an app update. I touch the notification which takes me to my installed apps but the only available options are Force Stop and Uninstall for each of them. How can I tell which one needs an update if the message is not false?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Which app is it? Have you tried uninstalling it then reinstall?

OP
S

Sporty

Reaction score
Corinacakes, that's the problem. I have no idea which app the update is for. The notification takes me to my installed apps and the trail runs cold from there.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. If you didn't see it listed on your downloads then there is no update.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Weird! By the way :welcome: to the forum. I think you're going to have to do the process of elimination by deleting each app. How many apps do you have? Maybe if you list them here someone will be able to notice any they've had problems with.

OP
S

Sporty

Reaction score
I just have seven apps. This is what lists with Manage Applications:

Easy Note + 2do ver. 3
Google Maps ver. 4046
Mileage ver. 2250
My GPS Status ver. 21
My Maps Editor by Google ver. 8
My Tracks ver. 11
PdaNet ver 26

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Anonymouse

Reaction score
Sporty, go into market, hit menu, then choose downloads. You'll see which one needs to be updated.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
It appears he's going to the app itself.

If you get a notification, go to market and then downloads and see what you have listed there. Please try that, and let us know.

OP
S

Sporty

Reaction score
I went to Downloads and they are all listed as Installed. As I touch each one from there I have buttons to Open and Uninstall. Am I missing something?

pyro6128

Reaction score
do you check the market for updates? I like to check the market periodically for updates. What happens though is that i'll update an app, and then get a notification later that there is an app that has an update. Because I had jumped the gun and updated before the notification, when I click the notification, it just takes me to my downloads list with nothing to do. Maybe you're just updating before your notification comes

OP
S

Sporty

Reaction score
I have the Downloads notification set to notify me when things are updated. Maybe something gets updated everyday. Do you think?

draugauth

Reaction score
This sounds like a problem I have been having as well.

About a week ago I went to update some apps and the market place started shooting me multiple copies of each one (it was around 4 simultaneous installs of the same app). Ever since then I show +4 updates. I haven't bothered with hunting down the specific ones though. Been to busy with work /lol