can anyone tell me which is best to be on global or LTE/CDMA

bohemouth

Reaction score
I was be highly distracted from my work just a minute ago, fiddling with the Maxx HD and i noticed it was set to Global, as i think all global droid phones are set on out of box. I switched it to LTE/CDMA and it went from having the 4g lte symbol on the toolbar to 1x. I but it bck to global, still says 1x. i went to GSM/UMTS and no service showed. I switched back to LTE and it after a while showed up at the top 4g LTE. i was just wondering if people keep their phone on Global or change it to LTE in Mobile network settings. What's the real diff?

silly question maybe, but i was again, just curious and highly distracted by my phone. Thanks for y'alls help.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Global will allow it to connect with GSM networks, this is mainly when you travel out of the country, I'm not sure if it makes much difference here in the US though. A Verizon rep told me to put my phone on Global and enable data roaming so I can roam onto AT&T's towers when Verizon doesn't have service, I never experienced this though so I don't know if it's true.

harp666

Reaction score
I have a similar issue..when set to global mode upon powering up my phone,my data connection is much faster to connect to Verizon's service than having the mode set to CDma/ 4g lite. As a matter of fact, when set to 4g lite I often get a message saying service cannot be found,would you like to switch to global mode...however if I do nothing it eventually finds Verizon's service after about 2 minutes.
On global mode my phone connects much faster to Verizon's service. I just leave it in that setting.

OP
bohemouth

bohemouth

Reaction score
I have a similar issue..when set to global mode upon powering up my phone,my data connection is much faster to connect to Verizon's service than having the mode set to CDma/ 4g lite. As a matter of fact, when set to 4g lite I often get a message saying service cannot be found,would you like to switch to global mode...however if I do nothing it eventually finds Verizon's service after about 2 minutes.
On global mode my phone connects much faster to Verizon's service. I just leave it in that setting.

Thanks harp666 I have been wondering, my phone is pretty dang fast, i saw it was on global, i switched I'm gonna keep it switched for the day to see any diff, but I appreciate your response. Global sounds like the better option. as far as far as speed.

harp666

Reaction score
geoff5093 said:
Global will allow it to connect with GSM networks, this is mainly when you travel out of the country, I'm not sure if it makes much difference here in the US though. A Verizon rep told me to put my phone on Global and enable data roaming so I can roam onto AT&T's towers when Verizon doesn't have service, I never experienced this though so I don't know if it's true.

I was told to do the same thing as you from verizon tech support.....don't know why but much better connection with this configuration..... all I know is that it works with no problems...lol

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
On the original RAZR maxx global uses more battery. If you don't notice a difference in speed set it to LTE.

KaChow

Reaction score
Not to add more confusion to this topic, which I do have mine set on Global with the Data: Allow access for all trips. But noticed under Roaming there is Access Point Names, which I hit the default which displays Verizon Internet VZWINTERNET as below. Seems there are 2 of them not sure of the difference and why wouldn't the Verizon CDMA HRPD be the default. If anyone has anything different please screen post.

View attachment 59686