Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Don't be sorry Tis, you just trying to help. Not your fault the apps don't have an option like that:)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ahh, thanks dezymond! Hard to believe... It's always shocking when you come across something these phones can't do, lol!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Haha yeah. I do miss the dedicated camera button from my OG Droid. Even the optical trackball on my Inc doubled as the dedicated camera button. Definitely do miss that feature, even if I did assign one of the 3 buttons on the Nexus as a camera button it would still feel quite different.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, that is exactly why I feel trackman's frustration. The on screen button to the side is very awkward... you feel like you have to be double jointed holding the camera and trying to twist your finger to hit that exact spot. It is much easier to just hit anywhere on the screen but still not ideal. I also have the advantage on my Razr with the volume buttons on the side so with that app, it lets me do that. I think I did the same thing as he did... went on a mad hunt for a camera app that wasn't so awkward.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I could never get good pics on my D1 or DX with the hardware button. I dont miss it one bit! :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I could never get good pics on my D1 or DX with the hardware button. I dont miss it one bit! :)
Sometimes I miss it, most of the time I don't. Figured out a comfortable and quick way to hold the nexus with one hand finally. Big hands and a slim phone sometimes works against me :D