Camera Trouble

snorin72

Reaction score
My husband and I both have the new 3 button Motorola RAZR Maxx HD 1080s. We love the battery life and the phones but the cameras are not working. They freeze up and you have to get in and out and then reboot to make them work. His has quit entirely. We've tried factory resets and removing apps and reinstalling one at a time but can't seem to get it resolved. Any ideas? We bought his used (it was like new but bought it used so we could keep his unlimited data plan) and my was new. Help?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Just to be clear you're talking about the Droid ultra and Maxx ultra?

Have you wiped data for the camera in settings - apps? From whom did you purchase the phone? Havs you rooted or made any modifications of any kind? Are either of you familiar with rsd lite or fastboot?

Sent from my Eclipsed XT1060

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
OP
S

snorin72

Reaction score
The way she nailed the name of the phone I am going to guess she means the RAZR MAXX HD.
That is really strange and not at all normal. Did you get a software update recently??

As a trouble shooting step, try installing a different camera app. Either of these should do:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera

[uIt has continued to happen after doing a complete factory reset. Wouldn't that take you to previous software or does it reset to the latest software? I'll try downloading the other camera app. Gallery seems to work fine and I can access photos from apps, the camera just locks up. I've also installed and run an app cache cleaner. My phone was new so I would think that rooting wouldn't be an issue?

OP
S

snorin72

Reaction score
Update

It's the DROID MAXX by MOTOROLA.
So here's the update. I installed google camera it seemed to work brilliantly and then after about 24 hours, started freezing up again. I then stripped out all the apps and restored the ones I couldn't remove to factory settings. It worked again...and then started freezing up. My assumption is there is something wrong with an update that is causing problems. This morning I cleared the camera data cache (without doing anything else) and it worked just fine. When I picked it up and tested 5 minutes later, no go. Cleared the data cache again and it's fine.
Incredibly frustrating. Is there a quick way to determine what is causing the corruption?

To answer one question- my phone was new from Verizon, my husbands was not rooted. It worked great for about 45 days and then the trouble happened(same was true with my phone). His seems a bit worse in that he rarely can get it to even open. Mine I can open and close a bunch of times and it will work eventually...

oleg_lap

Reaction score
try to check virus with eSet from Play Market
check the available phone memory! - to get more: clean the cash and data of large consuming app
check also SD-card or try new one