Camera showing & taking strange colored pictures

Letty

Reaction score
Today when I tried to take pictures outside with my camera, all green leaves on trees looked white. In fact all dark colors looked white. Skin looked blue. The pictures are fine--they are just strange colors! I've tried taking my battery out and putting it back in, but the camera still shows strange colors in the view screen and in the picture.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Double check your white balance settings within camera? Otherwise, could be a hardware issue.

OP
L

Letty

Reaction score
Thanks, I did check the settings and everything is on auto or set normal for my use. Is there another place to check camera settings other than the side bar that comes up when I go to camero mode?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
No, the only place to check/chantge camera settings is in the side bar. You have double checked your exposure settings? It doesn't have anything that says auto.

Otherwise, it is probably a hardware issue, somehow the sensor got damaged.

OP
L

Letty

Reaction score
Yes, I tried all the settings but the colors are still crazy. So I'm thinking it's a hardware problem as you said. I'll drop by a Verizon store and see if they can do anything. At least the rest of the phone is working fine. It even takes good pictures, but just strange looking. I live in Florida and the picture I took of a lake and trees appears as if the sky is copper and the trees are snowy since the green turned to white. Very surreal!!!:icon_eek: thanks again!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Hehe, well that might be a good thing. Some people pay good money for surreal artwork. . . . .

OP
L

Letty

Reaction score
Since you were so nice to answer my question, I had to let you know the "rest of the story". I took my Droid to a Verizon store. The 2 techs worked and worked on it, sure that (as you said) it was just a camera settings problem. Like me, they could find no settings that seemed wrong....UNTIL they checked their resource files and found that one of the settings "windows" scrolls down! LOL!!! I didn't feel so bad about not realizing it myself since THEY had such trouble finding out it did that. Sure enough, somehow I accidentally clicked a setting (who knows how??!!) that didn't go back to default when I turned off my Droid. So now all is well and I want to let folks know...when checking your camera settings, SCROLL to see everything that is there! By the way, I AM keeping the picture of the Orlando, FL lake that looks like the trees are covered with snow. It's really cool! :biggrin:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Thanks for the followup. I didn't think to tell you about the one scrolling settings bar, I figured you knew. Oh well learn something new everyday.

Glad it's fixed, now you know where to go to setup some special effects when taking pics with your Droid.