Camera Settings Missing and only 3 Modes

jsabeh

Reaction score
Just got my Note 4 and was going through the User's Manual and when I got to Camera I opened the camera app to shoot a picture. Matched the screen with the illustration in the manual and it did not match. Since I put a SD in, it showed on the screen. What was missing was the gear wheel that indicated the settings icon and it only showed 3 modes - Auto, Beauty Face and Panorama. I can't download more modes because the download icon is not there and I can't change the way the camera app interfaces because the settings gear is missing.

How do get all these things back to the screen like it shows in the manual?

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Don't know how, just searched the phone and couldn't find how to do it.
to take a screenshot hold the power key and the home key at the same time....the screen should flash, then there should be a notification stating a screenshot was taken.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Camera should look like this:
7293a55f33a908c12475eba0f013af02.jpg

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

OP
J

jsabeh

Reaction score
can you take a screen shot?
I have a screen shot now, took a while to figure it out but used the find in the manual and got it. tried doing what it said to get a screen shot but just got a shoot of my computer and not the screen. Hit the power and the home button at the same time. when to the album called screen shot and found a picture of my computer not the screen. I supposed to work since I delete it and the screen shot album goes away. when I hit the two buttons it clicks a picture and makes a new screenshot album but the picture is not a screen shot but a picture of what is in font of the phone. Maybe I need to take this phone back????

OP
J

jsabeh

Reaction score
where you have the gear that you hit to get to the settings I have an icon to turn the flash on and off?

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
that's strange...I can't get mine to change...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have a screen shot now, took a while to figure it out but used the find in the manual and got it. tried doing what it said to get a screen shot but just got a shoot of my computer and not the screen. Hit the power and the home button at the same time. when to the album called screen shot and found a picture of my computer not the screen. I supposed to work since I delete it and the screen shot album goes away. when I hit the two buttons it clicks a picture and makes a new screenshot album but the picture is not a screen shot but a picture of what is in font of the phone. Maybe I need to take this phone back????
If you're taking a screenshot while you have the camera open, the screenshot will include whatever the camera is looking at. That's why mine has snow & droidprincess' has her computer screen. They both also show the icons we have in our camera app.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

OP
J

jsabeh

Reaction score
Here is what I found, my SCREENSHOT

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-27-17-51-44.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-17-51-44.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 421