Camera pixel problem is a widespread issue...

Jon Vito

Reaction score
So i went into vzw today to get a replacement x ordered because i have 3 dead pixels in my camera...talked to the guy for a sec and he called customer service and had to explain it to them a 100 times what the problem was then he would get put on hold and have to explain it to someone else...while he was on hold he decided to check his camera on his x, sure enough he had dead pixels as well!

I also have a friend who works for a different vzw store and he has the same issue...i love this phone and i think it takes great pictures but there is a serious hardware issue that hopefully will get resolved soon...otherwise im going to be getting a lot of replacements!

DKG

Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid question but how do you know you have dead pixles? I dont have an X yet but I'm ordering mine tonight online.

OP
J

Jon Vito

Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid question but how do you know you have dead pixles? I dont have an X yet but I'm ordering mine tonight online.

easiest way to tell is by putting it in camcorder mode and put your hand over the screen to make it look black...they are little dots that can be green, blue, white or red as far as ive seen

but you can see them in video playback too...how i first noticed them was while watching my fiance in a video i took and she had a black shirt on and the pixel was staring me right in the face

ive read this could be a software issue and will be fixed with an update so i wouldnt fret too much...but i also had a white spec under my screen right in the middle and it really annoyed me so i decided to get some use out of my warranty

phillyphill39

Reaction score
yeah they aren't dead pixels, because you would be able to see them all the time. its just a software issue with the default moto app. if you use a different camera app they wont be there.

Wrx-man

Reaction score
I didn't have them till the latest update.now I have 5. I went to the vzw store and he compared it to his phone and found dead pixels on his phone. He told me he could put me on the order list but I think I'm gonna wait till 2.2 I really don't think its hardware

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Izord

Reaction score
I have a perfect Screen!

No dead pixels at all yay!!!!

My screen is perfect!!!!!!!

Thank you G-d for this small blessing!

Perfect screen! I have a perfect Screen!

I would have to cut out my eyes with dull razor blades if I had a dead pixel!

Yay! :icon_ banana:

Wrx-man

Reaction score
But like most my people you can only see the pixels in very low light in camera and video.any other time the screens perfect.i don't see them at all in pictures and only see them in recorded videos.

Fireplug

Reaction score
It is software related I believe. I had the same problem with a cheapo HD vid camera. Depending on the resolution setting and if software steadycam was selected it would add bad pixels. On my DX, the location of thebad pixel changes depending on the resolution i set. Try it on yours to see if that is the case. Also, the bad pixels disappear completely at certain resolutions.

zachcr250

Reaction score
I just tryed all resolutions and megapixels still has the same blue dot at bottom of screen

Fireplug

Reaction score
I just tryed all resolutions and megapixels still has the same blue dot at bottom of screen

Perhaps it is a different problem. Mine has an extremely faint redish hued pixel that is in the center for one resolution and the bottom for a different resolution. Odd.