Camera Picture Resolution won't stay on Tiny (1MP)

stewywerf

Reaction score
Every time I go into camera settings and change from widescreen to Tiny (1MP), it always defaults back to Widescreen. I can't find a way to set the default to stay at Tiny (1MP).

I'm on stock over the air Gingerbread. I'm not rooted or rom'd.

Any ideas? Is there any other camera app that I can download to replace the stock Gingerbread camera?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Yeah, I had the same issue once my X got the GB update. Stayed on my chosen size prior to GB.

MadCruzer

Reaction score
Mine will stay for a while it seems then change back to widescreen within an hour. Annoying.

kenathas

Reaction score
Is there a way to set the camera to a setting other than widescreen and have it stay?????

Ken

OP
S

stewywerf

Reaction score
Is there a way to set the camera to a setting other than widescreen and have it stay?????

Ken

No, and it is driving me nuts. My company uses our phones to write estimates and we were taking pictures using our Droid X phones and then emailing the photos. The widescreen photos are too large to email and it is a total pain to change the setting to Tiny whenever we need to take a picture.

I'm ready to take our 8 Droid X's back to Verizon and demand another phone. The phone worked fine before it switched to Gingerbread. Phones are supposed to get better when the software is upgraded, not worse.

kenathas

Reaction score
I am not familiar with gingerbread. Is that what the phone uses for photo software?

I wonder if there is another app that could be used to fix this...