Camera Help

electric turd

Reaction score
I just installed UD2 and I love it. Only thing is, the camera is not usable now. Focus doesnt work nor does the side camera button. I use sprecovery and I tried the update someone posted on here buy it failed. Does anyone have any ideas?

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Read threw the UD 2 bug thread...there is a zip file in there to fix the camera.

kastein

Reaction score
I took the camera out of CM 6.1 RC4 and it seems to work perfect....zoom and all

reebz

Reaction score
I installed Rom Manager, from Rom Manager installed clockwork recovery, put the camera.zip fix(found in the UD2 bug thread) on my SD card, rebooted into recovery from ROM Manager into CW Recovery, chose "install zip from sd card", chose "choose zip from sd card", scrolled down to camera.zip and installed. Camera seems to work fine now, although I haven't played with it too extensively, but it's working better than before I installed the fix

xeooex

Reaction score
I took the camera out of CM 6.1 RC4 and it seems to work perfect....zoom and all

can you post a link to the camera file?
i did fix someone posted and zoom works but can't get to gallery from camera

4.6beater

Reaction score
im having the same problem but i am using cyon rc64 to

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

pierced_droid

Reaction score

hufn

Reaction score
This worked for me... Well, not the zip as I use SP and I could not get one of the installers to work. However, I use UD2.0.0 so I turned on god mode briefly ;) used ES file manager (for some reason Astro wouldn't let me delete the orig file) removed the old camera.apk from /system/apps and replaced with the camera.apk in the zip from the previous post. Didn't even need to reboot - now it zooms :)

4.6beater

Reaction score
im still having problems with the camera i download that zip file put it on sd card grad the app moved it to system/app try to install and no luck im i doing something wrong please help have no camera

pierced_droid

Reaction score
im still having problems with the camera i download that zip file put it on sd card grad the app moved it to system/app try to install and no luck im i doing something wrong please help have no camera

If there is a camera.apk in the system/data folder then delete that with File explorer you must mount with RW or use the settings in UD. to mount. then extract the camera.apk out of the camera.zip and drop the camera.apk into the system/data folder.

4.6beater

Reaction score

If there is a camera.apk in the system/data folder then delete that with File explorer you must mount with RW or use the settings in UD. to mount. then extract the camera.apk out of the camera.zip and drop the camera.apk into the system/data folder.

yea i cant any camera file and still luck

pierced_droid

Reaction score

yea i cant any camera file and still luck

yes There is a Camera.apk in the system/data folder?
No you cant delete the one that is in there?

Is that what you are saying?