Camera function on DX2 vs DX?

66racer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is for people who switched from the first DX, How is the camera? Is it the same quality? Also does it still take 10mins to load lol? Hoping the new cpu helps for more instant opening, biggest issue I had with the DX camera is the long open/load times and the fact that there seems to be a 40% chance the picture will come out blurry...maybe thats why its a "Blur camera" lol

Other than that I love my dX but if these issues werent resolved in the dx2 I dont think this phone would be worth the upgrade for me....unless the mirror hdmi is that compelling thanks to netflix, but without 4g not sure netflix resolution would look nice on a big tv, although looks good on my dx with 3g....

moomooplatter

Reaction score
I have never had the DROID X, but I can give you times for operation I've experienced thus far:
Opening and initializing camera: 0.9s
Min time observed between snapshots at full quality: 0.5s
Max time observed between snapshots at full quality: 0.9s
Time to save a 30s 720p video (~50 MB): 1.7s

The camera is not as finnicky as you described, as I have witnessed almost no blurring in any pics so far.

From what I've tested, the mirror mode works flawlessly stock at 1080p with no additional lag compared to the base OS.
Benchmarked 2531 in quadrant. That's over a 200% margin of increase over the DROID X's average benchmark.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP

66racer

Reaction score
I have never had the DROID X, but I can give you times for operation I've experienced thus far:

The camera is not as finnicky as you described, as I have witnessed almost no blurring in any pics so far.

From what I've tested, the mirror mode works flawlessly stock at 1080p with no additional lag compared to the base OS.
Benchmarked 2531 in quadrant. That's over a 200% margin of increase over the DROID X's average benchmark.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, sounds like the cpu is making things a lot better on that end, hum, gotta get my hands on one and consider upgrading...

LaGgY_42o

Reaction score
I am also interested in this, I have a Droid X and the major thing I HATE about the phone is while recording video it will often drop to 10-15fps, does this still happen to the X2?

Elkay

Reaction score
I find that the camera function takes longer to initially launch on the X2 than it did on my X1.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Hope this helps!

It probably is twice as fast on benchmarks because there are twice as many processors. :clap:

But my X has scored 2600+ thanks to the joy of overclocking and ROMing.

Elkay

Reaction score

My camera on my X2 takes 3-4 seconds to launch after a clean boot, then about 1 second to launch if I've recently used it. Reboot your phone and see how long it takes the camera app to launch with it not being in memory. I can't believe it's under 1 second.

moomooplatter

Reaction score
Okay, I rebooted the phone and tried it again. Timed 2.8 sec from press. Still impressive compared to other systems.