Camera button

chelms3

Reaction score
Has anyone found an app to use a button for taking a picture instead of the button on the screen. And to use the camera with the phone straight up instead of turning it sideways. Hate the camera options. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

dirty6

Reaction score
i don't have my droid pro yet, thanks to ups shipping via an ebay victory taking forreeeeeeever, so forgive the ignorance of this question...

the camera app physically wont work if you hold the phone in portrait orientation? seriously?

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
i don't have my droid pro yet, thanks to ups shipping via an ebay victory taking forreeeeeeever, so forgive the ignorance of this question...

the camera app physically wont work if you hold the phone in portrait orientation? seriously?

No the camera works in any direction. I'm not sure what OP means

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

No the camera works in any direction. I'm not sure what OP means

It works when the phone is in portrait, but the OP is probably referring to the fact that the camera app itself is designed to be used in landscape. In portrait, all of the controls are sideways. They don't adjust with the orientation change.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Has anyone found an app to use a button for taking a picture instead of the button on the screen. And to use the camera with the phone straight up instead of turning it sideways. Hate the camera options. Thanks in advance

I configured the side key which originally was the calendar key (menu>settings>applications>quick launch). I configured that side key to activate the camera when pressed. Under that configuration you can take a picture in landscape or portrait view.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

I configured the side key which originally was the calendar key (menu>settings>applications>quick launch). I configured that side key to activate the camera when pressed. Under that configuration you can take a picture in landscape or portrait view.

Did you configure it to launch the camera app or to actually take pictures once you're in the camera app? I think the OP is looking for a way to use a physical button to actually take a picture, not to just open the app.

FMINUS

Reaction score
There is an app called "big camera button" but it now stopped working.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

Did you configure it to launch the camera app or to actually take pictures once you're in the camera app? I think the OP is looking for a way to use a physical button to actually take a picture, not to just open the app.
Yeah, you're right. That's what I get for not finishing my first cup of coffee before posting something.