Camera broke

bmali22

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with the camera not working? I'm running rubix focused 1.9.5. And the stock camera does not work and anyone I download from the market does not work either

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
can you elaborate on what "not working" means?
does it just not load the app?
does it not take pics?

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
when ever I open my camera it's just a black screen

misteruplink

Reaction score
Camera Not Working

I'm having the same problem, no camera & no hd recording. It takes the picture but does not go into the gallery, just a black frame where the picture should be.

thanks J

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
my camera don't work period.... Just a black screen and it won't take pictures or videos... Then now I just found out my gps don't work

Dodongo X

Reaction score
This happened to me when I wasn't on the right version before installing the ROM. The stock video player also didn't work and Quadrant failed on the H.264 test. I'm guessing you weren't on the .340 OTA before installing 1.9.5.

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
I am on the o.t.a. Update.... My camera did work prior to installing rubix... The phone is only 3 weeks old do you think the camera just broke. This is my third DX already it's just getting annoying having all these issues

Dodongo X

Reaction score
Restore your backup from before you installed rubiX and see if the camera works then. If not, it's just your phone. If it does, try wiping and re-installing the ROM.

whatsinaname

Reaction score
The smart alec in me wants to say "did you check the lens cap"
I know, not helpful but it was the first thing I thought of. (to many years of video)

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
Dodongo. I ran my backup and the camera worked. Then I wiped and reinstalled rubix and the camera did not work also tried gummyjar and the camera doesn't work on that either

1tonyj

Reaction score
I had the same issue also. I had 1.9.0 Rubix, then applied the patch to go to .340 from this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/104626-patch-focused-1-9-0-update-2-3-340-a.html

In the end, I guess I didn't read something important, or it just didn't take, but it didn't appear to update my kernel to 2.6.32.9-g55626e1. I'm assuming the ROM is built around this, but I could be wrong; hopefully someone can correct me if I am. I tried loading in a couple of the newest ROMs out there to test things out, like Fission, but they all had the broken camera too, which got me focusing on the path below.

In the end, I just loaded up the SBF, which was quick and easy, then took the OTA .340 update from Verizon (through settings). After that, I loaded up 1.9.5 and everything was smooth as could be.

I looked around for a while and didn't really find anything helpful to fix this. Hopefully this post can get you a resolution you're happy with. Good luck.

OP
bmali22

bmali22

Reaction score
On the stock rom the camera works... Rubix, gummyjar it don't work. I'm on the ota update. This is frustrating

Kuonji

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me. While installing the ROM, I wiped data, installed zip, then wiped cache.

Camera didn't work.

Then I did it again, but this time I wiped data, wiped cache, installed zip, then wiped cache again. Then Camera works fine.

No idea why. Or if it was another thing that fixed it.