Camcorder ~ File cannot be displayed or played

Mule65

Reaction score
Shot some videos last night. One of them freezes at the same spot every time during playback. The screen becomes unresponsive for about 30 seconds then resumes. Attempting to play any video after this fails with the following pop up message:

Error
File cannot be displayed or played.
Exit to home screen and now the camera starts up for one second then closes. The following message appears briefly before closing.

Oops, Can not open video camera. Please try again later.
I need to cycle power to get it working again. This is repeatable. Has anyone else experienced this? Debugging Android devices is getting old. Does anyone make a smart phone that just works?

sandiegorealestate

Reaction score
I had the same problem and this solved my problem. I unchecked the location tag in the settings of the camcorder and all my test videos have been great now. I made a short video clip testing it. Here is the link,

[video=youtube;eToL4crAZjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eToL4crAZjY[/video]

carguy

Reaction score
I've had the camcorder let me down a few times. I use my Kodak Zi8 to shoot video I really care about. Kids, etc.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
I've learned not to trust my DroidX camera or video recorder too much. It works OK almost all of the time, but...
I find it wise to reboot the phone shortly before I need to use the camera or video recorder, or strange things have been known to happen... e.g. pictures are taken but not saved, video recording locks the device so bad that a battery pull is necessary, etc.

In the past, a single corrupted image in the Motorola Gallery caused the whole gallery to force close each time I tried to launch it.
The more pics you have on the card, the more "fun" you will have trying to figure out which is the corrupted image.

Some Moto software developers need to start using exception handling blocks in their code to trap these conditions gracefully, instead of crashing the gallery.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk