Calls show up private on caller I.D.

Buckeyes1016

Reaction score
Thank you in advance for any help.

The problem I am having is I tried to block my number one time and used *67, which somehow forwarded my voicemail to the contact I star *67ed. So when anyone would call me if I didn't answer they would get forwarded to their voicemail... I have since got that issue resolved. But since I used *67 when I make outgoing calls my number comes up as private on everyone elses caller I.D. I've tried numerous things to resolve this but surprisingly enough Verizon can't seem to rectify the issue...

Any help would be greatly aprreciated!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is a VZW issue, unless someone knows the star code to disable privacy.

cjv1982

Reaction score
You can try *82 but as far as I know you would have to do this for every call

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
B

Buckeyes1016

Reaction score
Thank you for the help.

Yea, I tried that, its just annoying! Called Verizon numerous times and they can't help either... I guess I will just have to put *82 in front of everyone in my contact list!...

Thanks again

cjv1982

Reaction score
lol has got to be an easier way, sorry I dont have a D2 so I can't really help with checking the settings but there has got to be an easy fix

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Arsonman

Reaction score
Thank you for the help.

Yea, I tried that, its just annoying! Called Verizon numerous times and they can't help either... I guess I will just have to put *82 in front of everyone in my contact list!...

Thanks again

The only problem with putting *82 in front of all your contacts is that you will not be able to pull up the person on your contacts and text them, it will not go through.

OP
B

Buckeyes1016

Reaction score
I agree, there has got to be a better way... If only I could find it! lol

I know, I have to edit the number when I text everytime. Its quite annoying! This is the first thing to stump me on the D2, so I should feel lucky I guess... lol

LocoRon

Reaction score
Couldn't you just add the *82 modified number as their "home" number, and the unmodified number as their mobile number, then use the "home" number for calling and "mobile" for texting?

That's a lot of work. :/

Looked through my D2 settings, didn't see anything like "block outgoing number." I'm pretty sure other phones I've used had such a setting, but not D2, from what I can see. :/