Call Waiting

DroidFan

Reaction score
Okay...stupid question, but I've searched the forums and couldn't find an answer...

I was on the phone last night when my call waiting came through. I switched to the other line, but when I disconnected the 2nd call, the 1st call dropped too.

How do I switch back and forth between the 2 calls without dropping the other?

forkup

Reaction score
An icon will appear at the top left of the screen for switching calls.

DroidFan

Reaction score
Great! I didn't notice such an icon last night, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks! :)

Imemine

Reaction score
I thought it might have been the add call button. So if a second call comes in, an icon will show up with switch calls on it?

I'll have to test it.
thanks all

M

mkstn

Reaction score
Re: Call waiting

if your on a call and another call comes in, you'll notice a circle icon on the top left of the screen, it has circular arrows in it, tapping that will bring you to... and from one call to another.

ShowTime

Reaction score
How do you access call waiting?
Are you looking for something more than... get a call while you're already on another call?

When the 2nd call comes in, you can answer it, then either merge the calls together into a conference call, or use the manage calls button to switch back and forth between the calls.

CBdroid

Reaction score
I'm a new droid'r; I can't believe that call waiting is so poorly implemented. I LOVE the fone other than this. CW was the one thing I hated most about my Treo (6yrs) and was so looking fwd to a new UI. When I get an incoming call it seems unnecessary to "unlock" to answer, weird. Then as soon as I do, I "lose" the identity of the caller and can not tell which call I am speaking to, why can't the pic/number of the active call show??. I did learn not to "hang-up" or you lose both. Please tell me I'm overlooking something here. More often than not I would be happy to hangup the existing call and take the incoming but there is not option to do so - the EXACT thing that I hated about the Treo. As much as I avoided the iFone I have to admit they did it right...

Reaction score
I also hang up on people

I actually hang up on people also... so u "tap" it not slide it?... I am sliding it.. could this be why I am hanging up on people? I thought I had to slide it to unlock it....

Claire

CBdroid

Reaction score
Sorry...I do have to slide to answer the incoming call.
(which is the same as the unlock when I wakeup the phone)
As far as I know that is the way to "pickup" the incoming call.
As soon as I do that, I get the generic droid picture and can not see the number of either caller.
I DO get the "manage calls" button and can "toggle" between the two callers but am not sure who I am talking to and can not hang up without terminating both calls.
I hope I am doing something wrong and there is a setting I have overlooked.
It seems ludicrous that you can not keep the callerid of the active call, heck even my old landline did THAT.

Reaction score
I am sorry I my brain works to fast and I tend to type before I get it all out. Yes I answer the call by sliding, When I am in a call and I go to answer caller Id, I have to slide the call as well, Is there another way..above mkstn mentions tapping to bring from one to the other calls... I will try this next time I am in my calls.

Skiking226

Reaction score
I would like to know how to turn call waiting off on a droid x, is there a configuration I can go too, it's so easy on the iPhone, I never liked call waiting, to me it's like interrupting me.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would like to know how to turn call waiting off on a droid x, is there a configuration I can go too, it's so easy on the iPhone, I never liked call waiting, to me it's like interrupting me.

Well, on the iPhone you can't get calls anyway so imagine it was easy to turn off. :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Dialing *70 before your call will turn off call waiting. I can't find a way to turn it off permanently.

Skiking226

Reaction score

Well, on the iPhone you can't get calls anyway so imagine it was easy to turn off. :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Dialing *70 before your call will turn off call waiting. I can't find a way to turn it off permanently.

I receive calls just fine on my iPhone, always have, maybe I'm the lucky one, I have 2 phones to see which is better, I really like the Droid X, but the iPhone 4 is still better so far