call recorder that works?

screechxiiv

Reaction score
Has anybody found a call recorder that works. I want to record a voicemail message so it dosent get deleted. If there is one that works im willing to pay for it.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Speaker phone then record it somehow using other device or a voice recorder app. FYI, it is illegal in some states to record someone a call without the other party's permission. Wuahhaah

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Has anybody found a call recorder that works. I want to record a voicemail message so it dosent get deleted. If there is one that works im willing to pay for it.

Speaker phone then record it somehow using other device or a voice recorder app. FYI, it is illegal in some states to record someone a call without the other party's permission. Wuahhaah

I don't believe the OP is talking about recording private phonecalls. He's speaking specifically about a voice-mail message, one that was knowingly recorded and stored by its very nature of being a phone voice-mail message. There is nothing illegal about re-saving that message to any form of recorded archive.

As for how to save it in archive, your suggestion is a viable one. As for your comment about it being illegal in some states to record a call without the other party's consent, actually some states are known as one-party notification states, and some are two-party states. In one-party states, it's LEGAL for someone to record a call in which they are a party to without the other party's consent, since they themselves know it's being recorded. In two (or all) party states, both (or all) parties in a phone call must be informed that the call is being recorded and by law they have the option to opt out. So in that case, if the call were a three-way call, all three parties must be informed of and give consent to the call being recorded in order for it to be legal.

By contrast it's illegal in ALL states for a third or outside party to record a call in which they are NOT a party to (not actually on the call), without at least one party on the call also being informed. This by definition is known as "wiretapping" and can only be executed by law enforcement in an investigation and under a court-ordered authorization.

Because all these laws are so easily misinterpreted, some cellular manufacturers have decided that it's better to be safe than sorry...so they've opted to prevent the ability to record ANY calls, thereby preventing anyone from violating the law either knowingly or unknowingly. This also removes the possibility that the manufacturer could be either implicated in or sued by those implicated in any illegal actions which they might have facilitated.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

OP
S

screechxiiv

Reaction score
Foxkat is correct on what im trying to do. I dont want to do the speaker phone thing. Its the last voice mail my sister sent me before she died and i want to keep it in its original format.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Well aware with what Foxkat mentioned. It was just a little joke as I have come across people asking about the same question, but have other intentions instead.

Anyway, I did a quick search and this has been discussed here before. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ently-save-voicemail-mp3-wav-something-2.html

I hope that helps you out. I also have voicemails saved forever with the same reason as you OP. I just thought it was really special and I would rather save it anyway before something unfortunate happens.

I hope that you get to save that VM of your sister.

cbalde04

Reaction score
I have it working on Droid 4. Also works on RAZR, and probably Bionic. You have to be rooted, and install AlsaMixer and CallRecorder by Skvalex. Both available in the app store. The person on the other end isn't as loud as you are, but it does the job. There may be some settings in AlsaMixer that you can change to balance them out.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

silverfang77

Reaction score
Don't most major phone carriers provide a way to download voicemails as MP3s these days, either via email or directly from the site?

I would recommend doing this because I remember reading an article about a father who saved the last voicemail his daughter had left him before she had died, but when ATT made some change to his account or their system (can't remember which), the VM was deleted and ATT said it couldn't be retrieved.

OP
S

screechxiiv

Reaction score
I ended up using the way mentioned in the cnet article. Some times simpler is better.