Call Picture?

tigerdango

Reaction score
Does anyone know where and if of an INCs setting to show someone's picture when they call?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Vols1

Reaction score
Go to your "people" list and click on the person you want to set it up for. Click the edit tab. Click the silhouette at the top left.

OP
tigerdango

tigerdango

Reaction score
Hm right after I posted this I discovered that if you have a contact linked to FB, which most of mine are, then their FB picture will show up if they call. My girlfriend has FB and I had her call me and her FB picture does show up. Lol though thanks for telling me this because now I know how to add pictures for those few contacts with none on my phone.

*Edit: There is no edit button and it will not let me click the silhouette for contacts who have no picture yet.

Last edited:

Vols1

Reaction score
Sorry. Looks like I gave you a little misinformation. I go to my "people" and click on a person I want to add a caller id pic to. I then click on the "edit contact" tab which is located in the "information" section. I then have a camera in the top left window. When I click on that camera, a pop up window gives me the option to add a pic.

OP
tigerdango

tigerdango

Reaction score
Bah that's the weird thing though. No edit contact tab shows up for me unless they are linked to an account...And in that case...They usually already have a picture. x.x It might have to do with the fact that they are in my Yahoo contact book. Maybe I should try deleting them from my Yahoo book and actually add them myself in the phone.

Vols1

Reaction score
May be. I do not use yahoo contacts lists. I use the people list. What would otherwise be contacts list on other phones. Once I de-selected the Facebook sync for all of my contacts, I can edit any one I choose.

OP
tigerdango

tigerdango

Reaction score
No no I use People too but its sync'd to my Yahoo Mail, Facebook, and Gmail contacts.

Vols1

Reaction score
That's weird. The only time I can't edit my contacts is when I have "all" my Facebook contacts synced. And even then the only ones I cannot edit are Facebook contacts while yours is the opposite. Sorry I couldn't help.

Vols1

Reaction score
The only other option I know of is to click on the person you wish to edit. Click on the menu button on your phone and see if edit is one of your choices. It is on mine. Then click on the silhouette and go from there. This method also works for me.

Vols1

Reaction score
Edit: meant to say camera icon at top not silhouette.

OP
tigerdango

tigerdango

Reaction score
Someone else did suggest that which I have tried already. I think it has something to do with the way accounts are linked to my contact book because with anyone that is linked to my Facebook it comes up and I can edit anything, picture, number, etc. But if it's a contact not linked to my Facebook, I can't do didley with it.

OP
tigerdango

tigerdango

Reaction score
Wow I can't believe. I randomly figured it out! Here's how it worked for me. When I find a contact that is not linked to any account that I want to assign a photo to, I first click them. Under the contact I press Menu and pick Link. Under there you can now press the picture frame and it will pop up with the option to assign a picture from the Gallery or Camera. So then you can pick to assign a picture from your phone or mini-SD or take one with the camera. Problem solved! :3 So for all who have been following my problem or need a solution themselves, there you go.

Reaction score
Hey Tiger,

When I go into my people tab and select the person I want to add a photo to, I hold my finger down on the contact I'm choosing, then I choose "edit contact." This brings up all the different fields that you can edit for your contact. Like Vols1 said, there is a camera icon on the top left of the screen, and by clicking on this icon it will prompt you with the options to select a picture from your camera, gallery, etc.

-OR-

You can also look at pictures that are already in your gallery and hold your finger down on those, then select "set as" and you can choose one of the following: Contact Icon, Favorite, Footprints, or Wallpaper.

Those are the only two ways I've figured out so far. Hopefully one works for you.

As a rule of thumb, I often times find that if I can't find the option I'm looking for by seeing it on the screen in front of me, or by using the menu button, if I hold my finger down on it many times you'll get another menu full of options that you didn't know was there.

OP
tigerdango

tigerdango

Reaction score
If you noticed my post before yours, I figured it out. We have the exact same phone and I'm assuming we're using the same stock people contact list, so I don't know why it should be different for us. But it appears to be so. I'm thinking it has something to do with how you edit them depending on whether they are sync'd or not, and how they are sync'd. I didn't try yet doing it from the picture, but I have now assigned a random picture to all my contacts who were not linked to FB. Like I said in my above post I do it by clicking on the contact, then going as if I'm going to link them with an account like Facebook. On that screen it now allows me to pull down the picture box and choose to assign the contact a picture from my gallery or to snap one with my camera. =3 Big thanks to you, Techno, and everyone else who tried their best to help me and stuck with me and helped! :D