Calibrating new 3800 battery

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Good morning all

I'm on the 3rd full charge for this battery and it hasn't lived up to the hype.

Am I doing something wrong???

After the battery completely drains I leave the phone off and let it charge once it's full I go into clockworkmod and wipe battery stats.

It lasts maybe 7 hours with still 2 1/2 hours screen on time. Am I doing something wrong??? Does the phone have to be off while charging??

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

TatDroid

Reaction score
Is it a battery problem, or just a calibration problem? Is the battery ACTUALLY draining (i.e. drains all the way down and the phone shuts down), or is it just REPORTING that it has drained?

The reason I ask, is that I put an extended battery on my Bionic. The battery meter (and I've tried several different ones) will report full battery drain (down to 1%) in about 12 to 14 hours (just like the OG battery), but the phone will then continue to operate for a full 24 hours more (with the battery reporting 1% remaining the entire time). My Bionic is not rooted, and I have not been able to recalibrate the battery stats (I've been using it for several weeks now) - but the battery itself is working just fine!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Is it a battery problem, or just a calibration problem? Is the battery ACTUALLY draining (i.e. drains all the way down and the phone shuts down), or is it just REPORTING that it has drained?

The reason I ask, is that I put an extended battery on my Bionic. The battery meter (and I've tried several different ones) will report full battery drain (down to 1%) in about 12 to 14 hours (just like the OG battery), but the phone will then continue to operate for a full 24 hours more (with the battery reporting 1% remaining the entire time). My Bionic is not rooted, and I have not been able to recalibrate the battery stats (I've been using it for several weeks now) - but the battery itself is working just fine!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

Thanks for your response. It's definitely draining down and shutting off..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
From what I've heard, the OEM 2100 extended battery is better than those 3800 ones...sadly they seem like a waste of money and kinda make the phone look and feel odd

McBain01

Reaction score
From what I've heard, the OEM 2100 extended battery is better than those 3800 ones...sadly they seem like a waste of money and kinda make the phone look and feel odd

not sure what thats based on. My seido 3800 with NFC gives me a full day and a half with heavy use. Can get very close to 2 days with wifi, lte off and not much use. Very similar results to my wifes Maxx with its 3000+ battery. Also heard really good stuff about the new Hyperion 3800 battery with NFC for the gnex.

So i guess the question for bsmith is, what is your setup? Rooted? Rom'd? Im running Axiom patient zero rom with Franco kernel nightly 139. If youre running stock, i can def see you getting much less than this.

p.s. i also have the oem extended2100 and its no where near as long as the 3800

eeeeevo

Reaction score
U got a 3800 battery which is a very smart move. I got a seidio 38. And if u get this app u will b a happy camper. Go to play store and download 2x battery life. This app will give u more life. A lot more. Just download this app and done.

thrgk

Reaction score
yea i have the siedio 3800 and used it for 5days, and i get 4hour screen time before it dies, terrible, prolly will return it. I did charge for 3more hours then full on first charge, so idk, any tips? on bamf JB, 3g only, no gps, wifi, BT 50% brightness

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
yea i have the siedio 3800 and used it for 5days, and i get 4hour screen time before it dies, terrible, prolly will return it. I did charge for 3more hours then full on first charge, so idk, any tips? on bamf JB, 3g only, no gps, wifi, BT 50% brightness

GSAM battery monitor is going to be your friend. Use it to figure out what is draining your battery the most, then figure out ways to lessen it if possible.
Is it the screen? Perhaps turn the brightness down.
Is it an app? Perhaps that app has an issue, or it is using battery unnecessarily.
Is it the radios?
Perhaps it is ROM or kernel related problem.
..... etc

There is also the possibility that your extended battery isn't good. Do you get similar results with the stock battery?

comk4ver

Reaction score
I wonder how everyone's extended batteries are doing now?